IOC - Home lock / Course lock. I know...

Reaction score
I know others have brought up CL and HL for the P3. I also know HL doesn't yet exist but I cannot seem to find any date/info on when we should be expecting the FW update and I'm hoping that if enough of us ask for it DJI would possibly make this a priority.

Does anyone know roughly WHEN DJI plans on releasing this for the P3? I would have much gathered Home lock over Course lock any day.

I apologize if a similar thread exists, If there is one I must have overlooked it.

Thanks guys!

DJI has not mentioned when this will be added.

HL is still listed in the Phantom manual as "coming soon", so that's a good sign. Since many more people are constantly asking about POI and way points, I'm thinking we might see those features first.

To be honest, HL really isn't a deal-breaker for most people. If people don't know where their Phantom is and/or how to get it back without using HL, then they probably should not be flying it out of sight. Or, perhaps I'm totally overlooking some other practical use for HL.

Last edited:
HL is still listed in the Phantom manual as "coming soon", so that's a good sign. Since many more people are constantly asking about POI and way points, I'm thinking we might see those features first.

To be honest, HL really isn't a deal-breaker for most people. If people don't know where their Phantom is and/or how to get it back without using HL, then they probably should not be flying it out of sight. Or, perhaps I'm totally overlooking some other practical use for HL.

Well, it's not necessarily that. Im still learning and keep mine in view at all times but I would LOVE to be able to fly without worry about orientation. Im sure a lot of people pay the premium price specifically for these features. I find it weird that a previous version has it and this one doesn't.

I guess while I wait, I'll practice flying in ATTI. I'm also planning on buying a cheaper drone to practice on as well. Ive went through those little cheaper $99 drone but get too annoyed having to change the battery every 10 minutes so really haven't be able to learn much on orientation.

I'd love to read up on the POI feature. I also never had a chance to use Ground station on the P2 V+ either since I was too scared. Lol

Question and I hope this is the correct forum. Only recent one I found.
A Home Lock and Course Lock question.
I am in Naza Mode and understand it fairly well. I want to change to a new Home Point or change my Couse Lock direction in flight. So I am about 150' out. I toggle S2 from Home Lock to Course Lock 5x, 10x even 15x and no change. Also tried the same for Course Lock. Changed direction of the Phantom Vision 2+ v3, Toggled S2 between off and Couse Lock numerous times and could not get the course to change. In either case no rapid flashing green lights to indicate a change. Checked my S2 switch in the RC and Phantom Assisstant and it works fine. Andt the Course Lock and Home lock function perfectly, just can't change either with S2 in flight. Any ideas.
Thanks
Jack

Question and I hope this is the correct forum. Only recent one I found.
A Home Lock and Course Lock question.
I am in Naza Mode and understand it fairly well. I want to change to a new Home Point or change my Couse Lock direction in flight. So I am about 150' out. I toggle S2 from Home Lock to Course Lock 5x, 10x even 15x and no change. Also tried the same for Course Lock. Changed direction of the Phantom Vision 2+ v3, Toggled S2 between off and Couse Lock numerous times and could not get the course to change. In either case no rapid flashing green lights to indicate a change. Checked my S2 switch in the RC and Phantom Assisstant and it works fine. Andt the Course Lock and Home lock function perfectly, just can't change either with S2 in flight. Any ideas.
Thanks
Jack
Wrong forum (this is the P3 forum) but you have to toggle S2 the whole range at least 5x to set a new HP. So go from all the way up to all the way down(2 clicks) then back up, at least 5x in quick succession. So, 4 clicks (2 down, 2 up) 5x = new HP

Wrong forum (this is the P3 forum) but you have to toggle S2 the whole range at least 5x to set a new HP. So go from all the way up to all the way down(2 clicks) then back up, at least 5x in quick succession. So, 4 clicks (2 down, 2 up) 5x = new HP
Thanks I will try that. Sorry for the misplaced post.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj