INTRODUCES S-TUNED PHANTOMS-worth the price?

Reaction score
Anybody have any thoughts on this

INTRODUCES S-TUNED PHANTOMS: FLIES FASTER, QUIETER AND LONGER

The S-Tuned DJI Phantom comes equipped with Tuned Propulsion System motors and 9450 thrust boosted props for superior performance-- better lift, reduced propeller noise and up to 20 percent longer flight times. Along with added performance, the UAVDirect technicians update all firmware, enable advanced flight modes, fine tune gains and calibrations, and lastly perform a certification flight test. The S-Tuned Phantoms are "hot rods of the sky." They are fly faster, quieter and longer. When we test fly the S-Tuned Phantoms against the stock units, the difference is stunning. The S-Tuned Phantoms are much quieter and more responsive-- a joy to fly. Available as Phantom 2 and Phantom Vision 2+, and in our complete packages shown below:

I suspect it's just marketing spin for the people that want to spend more so they feel they have something better.
Like carbon fibre props.
They fit 9450 props - like you can
They update all firmware, enable advanced flight modes, fine tune gains and calibrations, and lastly perform a certification flight test - like you can
I'm sceptical about why anyone would want to replace their motors with "Tuned Propulsion System motors". Arent they the same as original Phantom 2 motors? http://www.dji.com/product/tuned-propulsion-system
Their claim of "up to 20 percent longer flight times" should be taken with a grain of salt
And they charge $249 for it.

Meta4 said:
I suspect it's just marketing spin for the people that want to spend more so they feel they have something better.
Like carbon fibre props.
They fit 9450 props - like you can
They update all firmware, enable advanced flight modes, fine tune gains and calibrations, and lastly perform a certification flight test - like you can
I'm sceptical about why anyone would want to replace their motors with "Tuned Propulsion System motors". Arent they the same as original Phantom 2 motors? http://www.dji.com/product/tuned-propulsion-system
Their claim of "up to 20 percent longer flight times" should be taken with a grain of salt
And they charge $249 for it.

+1

Mori55 said:
It's the SAME MOTOR , you have on you pv2+ !

But plugged in instead of soldered I really hate soldering and have done a few motors now.

I've never understood the soldering issue some people have. If you have the right soldering iron it's pretty simple. Some of the low power one are a pain in the *** to use.
I know there has been issues with the plug in bullet connectors failing.

familyman5821 said:
Anybody have any thoughts on this

INTRODUCES S-TUNED PHANTOMS: FLIES FASTER, QUIETER AND LONGER

The S-Tuned DJI Phantom comes equipped with Tuned Propulsion System motors and 9450 thrust boosted props for superior performance-- better lift, reduced propeller noise and up to 20 percent longer flight times. Along with added performance, the UAVDirect technicians update all firmware, enable advanced flight modes, fine tune gains and calibrations, and lastly perform a certification flight test. The S-Tuned Phantoms are "hot rods of the sky." They are fly faster, quieter and longer. When we test fly the S-Tuned Phantoms against the stock units, the difference is stunning. The S-Tuned Phantoms are much quieter and more responsive-- a joy to fly. Available as Phantom 2 and Phantom Vision 2+, and in our complete packages shown below:
If this is true, its good feedback from all the mods (and tweaks) that you mentioned. It's not something I'm going to let someone else do however. If I were to let someone have all the mod fun with my bird they would have to pay me for that (rent it from me - and pay me for the risk that they didn't screw it up). I don't know about the rest of you, but one of the reason I enjoy my Phantom is to do the mods, and it's been that way with every hobby I have had.

Mori55 said:
I've never understood the soldering issue some people have. If you have the right soldering iron it's pretty simple. Some of the low power one are a pain in the *** to use.
I know there has been issues with the plug in bullet connectors failing.

Same with landing on the ground, what's so difficult?

As far as bullets failing... it's all about the workmanship.
Used them for years on CP Helis w/100A ESCs.

What I'm saying is dji had some there bullets failing , do to bad solder joints. Just remember this is the same motor as your running now. Just looks different. I followed that thread in RCgroups for awhile.

Mori55 said:
What I'm saying is dji had some there bullets failing , do to bad solder joints. Just remember this is the same motor as your running now. Just looks different. I followed that thread in RCgroups for awhile.

OK.

I never found any bullet connectors in my Phantom???

So what have you guys experienced as far as changing out just the blades to a 9 In on a stock phantom 2 with zen-mus is the flight time dramatically reduced?

Not worth it for $249.00 IMO, it seems like marketing.

I was kinda interested in the propellers, after going through their packages, wouldn'e be a bad value to get the 4 motors and 8 of propellers and 4 esc units for $119.00, considering 2 propellers cost you #20+ dollars.

Just for DIY backup parts... ;) ;) ;) ;)

N017RW said:
Mori55 said:

OK.

I never found any bullet connectors in my Phantom???
sorry I meant my 450 :oops:

;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1