Introduce a new OSMO Section ?

Introduce a new OSMO section on phantom pilots?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi everyone !

I bought my phantom 3 advanced last years july based on the reviews of this amazing site as people here really tend to knew what theyre talking about and the best thing is its full of mature and educated people ( or people who just love to discuss tech. i learned alot and mastered my p3 because of the fruitfull discussions everyone had.

May i have gone with the inspire 1, i would have never reached to this level of knowledge or worse i would have crashed it. why you may ask? well while the Inspirepilots.com could be the best site to discuss inspires, it doesnt have that much of pilots and there rarely any good technical discussions going there and its mostly dead in comparison with this active forum here.

So i got an OSMO a while ago and guess what, the only forum to discuss it is inspirepilots.com which is even worse than the main site, full of unanswered questions, wrong info etc etc...hell for that matter even the DJI osmo forum is the same or even worse.

So basically there is no real forum for the OSMO yet anywhere that i know of

My question for everyone including moderators, why not have an OSMO section here on phantompilots ?

am sure lots of people here own or would want to own one at some point, so what do you guys think ?

I am coveting an osmo like stabilizer, but the thing is it is more for videoographers rather than drone enthusiests. Even though at least half of the drone pilots are video enthusiasts. I think there might be other forums that are more appropriate for it...

Same here to me my P4 is just the mechanism to get video I could not get in another way. The Osmo brings me one more dimension to videography. So meybe yu are right a videography section may be the right venue

You asked, we listened!

Reactions: DronePilotOne
Just picked up a Mobile today. Not to send folks away from here, but the DJI forum has a very active Osmo Mobile forum.

Just picked up a Mobile today. Not to send folks away from here, but the DJI forum has a very active Osmo Mobile forum.
This part of the forum is quite new so it is not real active yet but it will come around to it's own. ;)

Reactions: DronePilotOne
I have the x3 and just got the x5. Worlds apart in terms of quality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You asked, we listened!
Thanks! Glad to see this new section, but maybe it can be renamed so it covers all the Osmo models, and not just the Mobile.
Myself, I am a bit confused by the different versions and why exactly one is $399 and another is $2,000! (Okay, I can make some good assumptions to start :)
Was hoping to learn more about the entire Osmo line, and have not found a forum with the same breadth of information and participation as PhantomPilots. Guess I have become spoiled over the past year...

Thanks! Glad to see this new section, but maybe it can be renamed so it covers all the Osmo models, and not just the Mobile.
Myself, I am a bit confused by the different versions and why exactly one is $399 and another is $2,000! (Okay, I can make some good assumptions to start :)
Was hoping to learn more about the entire Osmo line, and have not found a forum with the same breadth of information and participation as PhantomPilots. Guess I have become spoiled over the past year...

Ok so it's sort of simple - the cheaper the model the less quality of the camera. The actual handles are all the same - so the joystick and such are the same but the actual 'heads' are different.

Osmo Mobile uses a mobile device hooked into a holder on a gimbal. The phone is the capture tool.
Osmo regular is a ball shaped camera and was the first release. This is the same camera as the X3 which I think was on the original Inspire. It uses DJI go app as a monitor (like the drones) and you can change settings via the screen, it connects with wifi and the camera records to microSD
Osmo + os the same as above but with a zoom on the camera
Osmo Pro comes in 2 flavours. The X5 and the X5R. They are the same gimbal head. It's a micro 4/3 sensor and can take a few different recommended lenses. This is the same camera as the Inspire 2 I believe. The 'R' version shoots RAW video and had a built in SSD. This is the most expensive version (and I don't know anyone who has one)

The Oslo Pro (X5) is much much better in low light and general quality of the output than the regular Osmo with the trade-off being that you have to manually focus so it's not as user friendly. It has more 'pro' accessories for it. The combo kit and a focus wheel are the key items to making the pro kit work best.

It looks likely now that DJI will allow the various cameras hat come on the Inspire range to be used on the gimbal handle, so you can expect to see the new Inspire cameras sold as separate items. It won't be long before the X4S and X5S cameras are available to hook into the handles as separate items. It just gives you more flexibility with filming.

They've just announced the mobile 'head' so someone like myself that has the X3 and X5 could purchase the head and use one of the handles with the mobile unit rather than buying a whole new kit.

Hope that helps!

I think the z axis was for osmo+ it<s the reason i got the osmo+

Z axis is available for the osmo and osmo + and also the osmo pro (x5) so the x3 and x5. Different z axis because the x5 is heavier but they're available.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj