interpreting the P4 DAT files

Reaction score
We found a P4 sitting in a field, seemingly undamaged but quite weather beaten.
Advertised it on local groups, reported our find to the local police etc but nobody came forward.
It's been sat drying in a cupboard for the past few weeks.
Today we plugged it into the computer and after a few failed attempts it let me update the firmware.
I also downloaded the last DAT file from it - dated 17/09/2017 so that would suggest the drone had been sat in the field all winter (we found it in early April).
Is there any way we can pull any useful info from this DAT file? I've tried using Datcon but there doesn't seem to be much useful info in the file
Would anybody else like a go? (zip file attached)

Cheers

Attachments

• FLY067.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 226
Did you find any other DAT files? You can retrieve them like this.

that's how we retrieved that one - no other readable files on the drone

Too bad. I wasn't able to find anything useful in the above file either.

We found a P4 sitting in a field, seemingly undamaged but quite weather beaten.
Advertised it on local groups, reported our find to the local police etc but nobody came forward.
It's been sat drying in a cupboard for the past few weeks.
Today we plugged it into the computer and after a few failed attempts it let me update the firmware.
I also downloaded the last DAT file from it - dated 17/09/2017 so that would suggest the drone had been sat in the field all winter (we found it in early April).
Is there any way we can pull any useful info from this DAT file? I've tried using Datcon but there doesn't seem to be much useful info in the file
Would anybody else like a go? (zip file attached)

Cheers
Since it's the only .DAT then it probably is the one that got created when you turned the P4 on to retrieve a .DAT.

You could contact DJI and tell them the McID is 07JDD46001013S. Presumably DJI will have info about that P4 and who it is registered to.

Not so sure on that one Bud - the file was dated from October last year - the files created today had the correct date but we ignored those

We'd already sent the serial no to DJI and never got a response

Not so sure on that one Bud - the file was dated from October last year - the files created today had the correct date but we ignored those

We'd already sent the serial no to DJI and never got a response
OK, makes sense. I took it literally when you said there were no other readable files.

Reactions: andy_k

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl