Internal RC antenna length's ? MMCX to RP-SMA

Reaction score
Anyone know or remember the length's of the internal Remote antenna wires,? when you were doing a remote antenna change.. Seems I've read 6"? MMCX to RP-SMA ( Phantom 3 Pro) Remote.
GL300C
Thank you..

Last edited:
At 2.4 GHz, which has a wavelength of 124.9 mm, the quarter wave length would be 31. 23 mm or 1.22 inches. This is a very basic antenna and I would expect the enclosed conductors in the drones are a co phased array to obtain more gain. If the antenna is receive only, the length is not that critical but transmit, it does need to be accurately cut. I am assuming by "remote antenna wires" you are referring to the antennas attached to the remote controller. Those probably have three or four elements of 1/4 wavelengths co phased into such an array.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

On the clean install wires, I have attached a picture for you.
20181231_074356.jpeg

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Phantom2USA, is that the antenna or the connecting coaxial cable? It appears the end of the wire at the end of the tape is the beginning of a broken antenna. This however is similar to the antenna exposed in my crashed Phantom 4. So is your question about the drone antenna or controller length? They are probably the same exact length.
Thanks for the good closeup photo.
Jim
WA5TEF

Hey dlxr6p3p thanks.. worth a 1000 words...excellent..

wa5tef... photo is of the remote control internal antenna wire (1 of 2 required) or (Z type RG178RP-SMA to MMCX) for range extender upgrade.
.....Nothing is broken...... the end toward the 7" mark is bulkhead & toward the 1" mark is the antenna connect..
I'm not sure what end is what in regards to the letters & numbers wire identification.. I'll find out though.....

If you are talking about what these numbers mean
RG178RP-SMA to MMCX)

Rg178 is the size of the coax
Rp sma is the end that is exposed on the Rc and mmcx is the end that is pushed into the ant connector on the circuit board.
Wasn't sure what you meant about not understanding the numbers. Hopefully this helps
You have to love text auto correct, NOT

Reactions: Phantom2USA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers