Internal Flight data recorder file Sequence

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping this community can help me determine if my new purchase is in fact "NEW" or made to look new.

I recently purchased a new P3P from amazon as a gift for my son(&me ;), the items description was "NEW IN SEALED BOX". Before buying it i contacted the seller and he did confirms that the item was new in a sealed box but upon receiving the phantom i noticed the box was not sealed and looked worn out. all the accessories did still have their OEM plastic wrap but my concern is for the P3P itself.

My question to you all:

Does the internal flight data file (FLY###.dat) start at #1?

I have checked the internal files and i can only see my test flights from the day i first used it but they begin at FLY020.DAT, does that mean this phantom has been flown at least 20 times before i received it and they just deleted the files before selling it?

thank you for taking the time to help me

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping this community can help me determine if my new purchase is in fact "NEW" or made to look new.

I recently purchased a new P3P from amazon as a gift for my son(&me ;), the items description was "NEW IN SEALED BOX". Before buying it i contacted the seller and he did confirms that the item was new in a sealed box but upon receiving the phantom i noticed the box was not sealed and looked worn out. all the accessories did still have their OEM plastic wrap but my concern is for the P3P itself.

My question to you all:

Does the internal flight data file (FLY###.dat) start at #1?

I have checked the internal files and i can only see my test flights from the day i first used it but they begin at FLY020.DAT, does that mean this phantom has been flown at least 20 times before i received it and they just deleted the files before selling it?

thank you for taking the time to help me

I can't answer your first question, but it may also be worthwhile to check how many charge cycles the battery/s have seen. It is not fool proof because the previous owner may have done twenty 30 second flights without having to recharge, but if they do show 2 or more charges then I'd be concerned.

Erroll thank you for your quick reply, all the accessories included with the P3P did appear to be new/unused including the battery which had "0" charge cycles.

FYI: I also think resetting the smart battery board clears the charge history as well!!

Last edited:
Ho
Erroll thank you for your quick reply, all the accessories included with the P3P did appear to be new/unused including the battery which had "0" charge cycles.

FYI: I also think resetting the smart battery clears the charge history as well!!
How does one 'reset' the battery?

You would need a LiPo balance cable.

Steps to Reset the Smart Battery board:
1. Push and hold the button
2. Connect the LiPo Balance cable
3. Disconnect the LiPo Balance cable and release the button

capacity would be all messed up. But the charge cycles would be back to 0

**I have not confirmed this myself **
check out: Dual Battery Mod thread

My smart battery capacity was normal!!!

You would need a LiPo balance cable.

Steps to Reset the Smart Battery board:
1. Push and hold the button
2. Connect the LiPo Balance cable
3. Disconnect the LiPo Balance cable and release the button

capacity would be all messed up. But the charge cycles would be back to 0

**I have not confirmed this myself **
check out: Dual Battery Mod thread

My smart battery capacity was normal!!!
Seriously???

(Similar) Question:
I get a file on my desktop called "FlightRecords.zip" which consists of lots of "computer gibberish".
Where does this come from, & is it of any value? Looks like Recycle Bin fodder to me! :)

Can some one check their .dat files stored on the birds internal storage and let me know if they start at 01?

Can some one check their .dat files stored on the birds internal storage and let me know if they start at 01?

START at 00, I know it's late and it's been a long time, I didn't want to stop replying.

Attachments

• Captura DJI FLY LOG _2.jpg
    Captura DJI FLY LOG _2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 55

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl