Intermittent Blue colour in V3 video?

Reaction score
Today while flying my V3 i noticed the live video on my phone had a weird blue colour to it, i thought it was just the phone as i recently updated to android 5.0 lollipop so carried on flying, the flight was otherwise perfect.
After reviewing the footage i see the video keeps getting this weird blue colour then going back to normal, it seemed worse when facing the sun and it went on throughout the whole flight, this is the first time this has happened and my fifth flight. Everything has the latest firmware including the camera 1.3.0, I was recording in 1080p at 30fps in narrow view and i think iso 100, not tried any other settings yet.
I've no idea what the problem could be? Anyone seen anything like this before?

This flight was also the first time i used a class 10 extreme sandisk sd card, could this have anything to do with it?

It's a bit like when it can't decide whether to set auto white balance on sunny or cloudy, but it seems much more extremely blue.
It would be worth manually selecting one or the other, and always format the card in the phantom using the app (though I can't see that affecting the colour).
This issue needs to disappear next time you use it or you should be sending it back.

Must be a white balance issue.
Did you have WB set to Auto?
I always set WB manually to avoid it changing during the recording.

The card couldn't have anything to do with it.
You should try a bench test and record some white things indoors and out with various WB settings.
If it's all blue, it could be defective.

White balance was on cloudy but the sun did come out soon after launch, maybe it could not handle the sun with the cloudy setting?

SOLVED!! :D

Went to do some testing today and after the usual pre-flight checks i was horrified to see the blue colour again on the live view, after going into the settings i see that the white balance was on "Incandescent", as soon as i changed it to sunny the picture is perfect. :D
The whole flight was flawless and hovers on the spot. Everything has the latest firmware, very happy uk flyer here.

The app remembers all of your setting from last flight so yes remember to check them for your current flight.

UKFlyer said:
The app remembers all of your setting from last flight so yes remember to check them for your current flight.

lol this happened to me last night on a dusk/night flight. I had iso set to 100 from previous flight and all my pics came out very dark. Funny thing though, my FPV screen looked ok.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4