Interference

Reaction score
So I flew to prove that it's a load of waffle about inherence, I've flew next to all kinds of towers, never had one issue, the issue is the people who say it does then pilot error takes over, all in the mind [emoji849]

399ca7911a2afa686590c787dee2a660.jpg

343dd9ee63235cc78b85592c66991b29.jpg

f646df475e48f30253f43af680b5ffae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tend to agree, flown very close to cell towers, high voltage towers, water towers with Wi-Fi repeaters etc, never any issues

I tend to agree, flown very close to cell towers, high voltage towers, water towers with Wi-Fi repeaters etc, never any issues

Agree completely, I actually like looking at them, because some of these masts are so high like the one pictured is about 1700ft (taking sea level into that) it's amazing to see what the setup is.

Just noted my original post says inherence, obviously I mean interference lol.

Reactions: Reed L
That's brave. Why do you think DJI says "don't" -aside from security issues? Did you have any loss of signal (eg: 5 bars down to 4 or 3)? What equipment were you using?

That's brave. Why do you think DJI says "don't" -aside from security issues? Did you have any loss of signal (eg: 5 bars down to 4 or 3)? What equipment were you using?

Using my inspire with only mod being the dbs. Always had signal, even checked screen recording, also had a spotter checking some metres we carry for any abnormal interference and nothing was perfect like always.

I personally think and it's subjective that dji say not good idea to fly close just in case maybe it damages the towers, obviously a bad move [emoji23]

I guess it depends on what frequency the towers are transmitting at but I would not want to fly that close to tower sending out several hundred mega watts of RF power.

I think it depends on the tower. There are a few around me that do cause interference.
It appears they have some directional , maybe microwave antennas. I get in their line and i lose signal all the time.

This tower and to quote wiki:

The Holme Moss transmitting station is the highest in England and provides VHF coverage of both FM and DAB to a wide area around the transmitter including Derbyshire, Greater Manchester and West Yorkshire. When originally erected it also transmitted television signals, which travelled much further than their intended service area. They were received on the Isle of Man and in parts of the Irish Republic, mainly Dublin and Wicklow. Emley Moor (55.44°, 15.53 km) and Moorside Edge (348.22°, 11.56 km) transmitters can be seen from the location.

I do not think i would try this near a AM transmitter in the megawatt range when broadcasting. Though i will say i am curious. Also need to remember not all of these transmitters are broadcasting at all times. Standing too close to a AM tower can be extremely harmful to your body and can cause damage without you even knowing right away. Those are some nice shots though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj