Interference on video

Reaction score
I was filming in industrial area and have some stripes on video. Sometimes they dissapear but sometime video is unwatchable. What could cause it. It is interesting that stripes disappear when changing speed and/or altitude. Most of the time I have no stripes if I am not moving copter.

Any thoughts?

Have you stripes on phone/tablet video or on the SD mp4 file ?

Lightbridge technology works on the worst band ever usable, the 2.4Ghz ... so in a urban/industrial context it can be often subject to RF noise generated by other RF appliance in the range.

Record on SD. No streaming as ther were no wi-fi or cell. (desert) Everything is off. Airplane mode. No video caption. No nothing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is the propellers shadow going through your camera lens of which has caused this problem. It is not an interference, you will need an ND filter to get rid of this effect.

Reactions: tvckz
If i fly towards sun at that angle the blades strobe onto the lens just like that.

I used to have a lens hood for my P2 but not seen them yet for the P3.

Oh yes.. this happens often in the bright sunshine when you have the camera at 90° straight on. Without ND filters is very difficult to avoid. I never go to sun direction with camera more than 60° and this help a lot. Lens hood will start appearing soon.

Thanks a lot guys, as I had a very complex explanation for my client. We have a radiation warning sign up there - I told them - it is your freaking radiation.

This spurred me into action to make a little hood.

Went to supermarket and found a small bottle of something with the cap of right size for a couple of euros.

Cut off top & shaped.

It was about a fraction of mm too large so I put one wind of electrical tape around the lens.
Which is quite good as it can be slid in or out on lens with a little friction and won't fall off in flight.

Painted the cap black.

All up weight is 1.6 grams of hood.

Also picture of my stock gimbal lock which I painted on the inside, can't miss it !

Just waiting for paint to dry now.

IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0177.JPG
IMG_0179.JPG

I'm noticing the same thing, but it's only just started since latest firmware update. Strange I never saw it once before update. Unless maybe angle of the sun which is much lower these days in these parts has something to do with it??

Here's an example of mine...you can skip ahead to about 2:40 where it starts. There's also a pink area in the lower right hand corner that starts right around the same time that's likely sun related too?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic