INTERFERENCE FROM TELECOMMS TOWER?

Reaction score
Near Rugeley Staffordshire, United Kingdom
I'm new to drone flying but on my 1st two attempts have had a warning come up on GO APP 'regarding magnetic interference and loss of GPS.

Both times the RTH button worked.

There is a comms tower about 1km from my 1st flying site about 4km from my second. Is the tower likely to be the culprit?

Patrick

@dirkclod,
Long time no chat.

To close for my interest. :eek: :)

Rod

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm new to drone flying but on my 1st two attempts have had a warning come up on GO APP 'regarding magnetic interference and loss of GPS.
There is a comms tower about 1km from my 1st flying site about 4km from my second. Is the tower likely to be the culprit?
A phone tower won't have any effect at that distance.
Magnetic interference means that your compass is telling you it has detected a problem.
The magnetic field it is measuring is not normal - either you are flying very close to a lot of steel or you need to be more careful about where you launch from.
It's extremely unlikely that your Phantom lost GPS reception in flight.
A more likely explanation is that you had a compass error and the flight controller could not deal with the conflicting data from the compass and GPS.
The way it manages conflicting data is to ignore GPS data because you can't fly without a compass but you can without GPS.

You can always look into the recorded flight data to investigate incidents.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

is that why its dead af here in the P3 forums? is everyone in the p4 now?
Might be JoBe or in Mavic forum or our newest forum CommercialDronePilots .
Am in both and lot's of members went to the Mavic .

Reactions: JoBe
Might be JoBe or in Mavic forum or our newest forum CommercialDronePilots .
Am in both and lot's of members went to the Mavic .
will there be a new forum for the mavic air?

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20