Interference from light kit?

Reaction score
I have a new Phantom 3 4K and put a Polar Pro light kit on it. With the kit on, my phantom is all over the place and switches into atti-mode at will. When I take the light kit off, the problems seem to go away. Maybe I am answering my own question, but since the battery unit mounts on top of the phantom, is it interfering with the GPS signal? That's too bad because I fly a lot at dusk and really like the extra lights.

after putting on lights due a new imu calibration for added weight

I cannot say for sure, but my initial thought would be that anything on the top, could interfere with the GPS unit.
I would also think you could get a result by setting the drone up in the yard, and allow it to count satellites, then place that battery on top and see if it reduces the satellite count.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk

I cannot say for sure, but my initial thought would be that anything on the top, could interfere with the GPS unit.
I would also think you could get a result by setting the drone up in the yard, and allow it to count satellites, then place that battery on top and see if it reduces the satellite count.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using TapaTalk
I will try that.

I have a set on my p3a haven't had a problem with them

Well that would suck if you have to do an IMU calibration because I dont plan on leaving mine on and I have a hard enough time remembering everything to do besides adding something else to the checklist.
You would think these would have been tested to make sure they dont interfere but who knows?

yes its polar pro ones

If the light has variable output then it has oscillating circuitry inside.
So yes it could interfere with other (phantom) circuitry.

have it on mine doesn't due anything to it

have it on mine doesn't due anything to it
You have GLONASS on the Advanced, correct? I know my Standard has plain GPS, only gets half as many satellites. Not sure what the 4K does for GPS...

yes you are correct

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.