Interesting non phantom video on gains

I know it is good to get these where you want them - and I understand how it is done. However, it was recommended to me to just set the stock gains and then, if I didn't like the response (too twitchy or too slow) to adjust accordingly and re-fly it. If I was setting up a scratch built without the previous NAZA/WKM/A2 database, then it might be worthwhile. With the stock Phantom controllers (NAZA/WKM/A2) it seems the stock settings will work fine. To adjust manually, jump up 20 points or so and fly it. Go until it is too twitchy and back off to the non-twitchy setting and then drop it 10-20 more. That still may not be where you want it (you may like it to be slower) but it will show you how easy it is.

I've tried it now on two different airframes and I think it is just as easy to set them without the 'in-flight' modification. They are not terribly sensitive. 10 or 20 points will not result in a drastic difference - indeed, they are quite tame - the video shows that. I did end up increasing the gains on my 550. On my Tarot (A2), the stock gains for an S800 were almost perfect for me (for me!) and adjusting them either way was not beneficial for my flying style.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav