Interesting info HealthyDrones brought to my attention

Reaction score
I have only flown in my backyard and within a 300 foot radius (yes, very conservative so far). When I loaded my telemetry into HealthyDrones I found something strange (at least I think so). I uploaded 6 flights and the first and last flights show sensor data all in the red, while the middle 4 are solid green throughout. I always have my drone and RC batteries fully charged and perform the standard preflight each time. Any thoughts on how there could be such a strong difference when flying in the same place and, practically, the same time of day each time?
Thanks!!

Are you referring to the signal map? What are the errors, they should give more info if you click on them.

If so, it's quite possible it's wifi interference (assuming you have wifi, or are in a neighborhood with a lot of wifi)

Yes, the signal map. I have attached images that show the first and last flights with problems and one of the flights with no problems. Again all in the same place around the same time of day. Just seemed odd.

magnetic interference is not predictable nor can you see it. It can be there one day and not be there the next.

Yes, the signal map. I have attached images that show the first and last flights with problems and one of the flights with no problems. Again all in the same place around the same time of day. Just seemed odd.

I can definitely see your confusion! It is very odd that in the SAME place, it would change from day to day. Unfortunately interference is a tricky beast!

For example, someone in the area may have been using some type of radio one day and not the next. Or its possible there are some underground transmission lines that are working one day and not the next.

I personally have had some similar issues in flying around my neighborhood. Some days my signal clarity is great, others it's a mess.

The good news it, I don't think there is anything wrong with your phantom.

So far, I have always had the antennas at about 45 degrees and parallel to each other. Is there a guide or recommendations for antenna positioning for different conditions and flight paths (meaning more vertical than horizontal or vise-versa)? Thanks!

dji-transmission-range-jpg.18160

Since you are flying so close to yourself, you may need to make adjustments... On occasions when I've flown directly above myself, sometimes I have to adjust the antenna positions...

Are you using custom channel or auto mode ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav