Interesting Antenna Finding-ATTENTION

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to bring an issue to your attention. I just did a range mod on the WiFi range extender. When I opened it up one of the stock antennas was ALREADY DISCONNECTED. Obviously this could cause range issues so if you are having range problems with the stock setup you may want to check this as a last resort.
Andrew

nhvtmedic said:
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to bring an issue to your attention. I just did a range mod on the WiFi range extender. When I opened it up one of the stock antennas was ALREADY DISCONNECTED. Obviously this could cause range issues so if you are having range problems with the stock setup you may want to check this as a last resort.
Andrew

Did you notice a difference after reconnecting the disconnected antenna?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Well I was upgrading so I did not test it again with the stock antennas. I would imagine it would make a big difference though.

This could also have caused damage as I am fairly sure RF devices do not like transmitting without an antenna attached. Not enough of an expert to say whether one antenna connected would be enough to prevent damage or even if there can be 'partial' damage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4