Interchanging cameras

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can interchange cameras on Phantom 2 Visions? I have a camera that is not connecting on one of my P2's, but I have another P2 that doesn't fly, so I was wondering can I take the camera off the non-flying one, and put on the one that flies? Is it possible to make the camera on the non-flying P2 communicate with the range extender on the flying P2, or will I have to use the range extender from the non-flying one to swap it. I currently swapped the range extender's too, and it worked, but the range extender that I put on won't turn off. So I guess my question is, is it possible to make the camera communicate with ANY range extender, or do the camera/range extenders only communicate with the one that they came with?

You can swap a camera from one P2V+ to another.
This should work without any need to rebind.
You can also swap range extenders but you have to rebind the extender to the Phantom.

Can you tell me where to get information on how to do this? What I would like to do is take the camera from the non-flying P2, and put it on the flying P2, but keep the range extender from the flying P2 also. I just need to know how to make the camera talk to the different range extender.

Thanks for your quick response!!

You will have to rebind the camera from your Vision to the Extender you want to use . If you have the QR code from the box just follow this YT on it .
I think it would be easier to switch the extenders but that's just what I would do .

That's the thing, I don't have the box for the one I'm trying to bind it to. I have the serial number on the P2 though. Is there any other way??

That's the thing, I don't have the box for the one I'm trying to bind it to. I have the serial number on the P2 though. Is there any other way??
I emailed DJI on one of mine with the serial # from the bird the FC200 came from and had the QR code within 24 hours from them .
Why not just take the extender that it is already binded to and switch it over to the TX you are going to use ?

I emailed DJI on one of mine with the serial # from the bird the FC200 came from and had the QR code within 24 hours from them .
Why not just take the extender that it is already binded to and switch it over to the TX you are going to use ?

What do you mean?? What's TX?? I'm new to this, so I apologize ahead of time.

What do you mean?? What's TX?? I'm new to this, so I apologize ahead of time.

Transmitter I'm assuming. I did that, and it's working fine like that. The only problem is, the range extender won't turn off when switched off. It stays on. So I was going to try to switch the camera to the range extender that will turn off.

Transmitter I'm assuming. I did that, and it's working fine like that. The only problem is, the range extender won't turn off when switched off. It stays on. So I was going to try to switch the camera to the range extender that will turn off.
Then do as I did and send them an email with the serial # from the bird you took the camera off from and ask for the QR code .

Then do as I did and send them an email with the serial # from the bird you took the camera off from and ask for the QR code .

Ok. So once I do that, then I just follow the YouTube video above, and it should work? I'm just not sure if it's the range extender on the flying one, or the camera. I've tried to troubleshoot the best I know how, but as stated, I'm VERY new to these.

Ok. So once I do that, then I just follow the YouTube video above, and it should work?
Correct
I'm just not sure if it's the range extender on the flying one, or the camera.
You just lost me ? Your leaving something out and I don't understand what you are saying .
You are not sure of what ?

Correct

You just lost me ? Your leaving something out and I don't understand what you are saying .
You are not sure of what ?

Ok. I have a P2 that is flying, but the camera and range extender does not connect to my iPhone. It won't show picture or altitude/speed/etc. I also have a P2 that doesn't fly. I took the camera and range extender off the non-flying one, and put on the flying one, and it's working. The only problem is, that range extender won't turn off when switched to off. It just stays on. So my question is, how can I keep the camera from the non-flying P2, and use it with the range extender from the flying P2.

Ok. I have a P2 that is flying, but the camera and range extender does not connect to my iPhone. It won't show picture or altitude/speed/etc. I also have a P2 that doesn't fly. I took the camera and range extender off the non-flying one, and put on the flying one, and it's working. The only problem is, that range extender won't turn off when switched to off. It just stays on. So my question is, how can I keep the camera from the non-flying P2, and use it with the range extender from the flying P2.
Then do as I suggested and send them a email for the QR code .

Ok. Thanks man! I'll give it a try.
Good luck and that worked for me. If you still have problems just repost here and do anyway with what happens :)

Good luck and that worked for me. If you still have problems just repost here and do anyway with what happens :)

I'll post as soon as I find out if it works. If I could just figure out how to make this range extender turn off, instead of constantly on, this would be so much easier. Lol

I'll post as soon as I find out if it works. If I could just figure out how to make this range extender turn off, instead of constantly on, this would be so much easier. Lol
Go in it and see where if little switch has slip off the track . Have had mine apart several times and it can do that .
Look here at about .50 into this and you will see on the left the on/off switch and ya have to lift that board to be sure that slot o the switch hasn't jumped off .Just a thought . Is what I would check for . But now I do go into mine a lot . Just a thought :)

Go in it and see where if little switch has slip off the track . Have had mine apart several times and it can do that .
Look here at about .50 into this and you will see on the left the on/off switch and ya have to lift that board to be sure that slot o the switch hasn't jumped off .Just a thought . Is what I would check for . But now I do go into mine a lot . Just a thought :)

I'll open it up and check it out and give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen. Lol

I'll open it up and check it out and give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen. Lol
About the only thing would be you could pull the battery wire's loose but just be easy and that wont be a problem .The switch is under the board and fits in the slot on that on/off part .
Like I said it was just a thought and have put mine back togerter and left it out and it wouldn't cut on . Is why I thought of it . Worth a try . :)

About the only thing would be you could pull the battery wire's loose but just be easy and that wont be a problem .The switch is under the board and fits in the slot on that on/off part .
Like I said it was just a thought and have put mine back togerter and left it out and it wouldn't cut on . Is why I thought of it . Worth a try . :)

Thanks man. I went in, and I guess the switch isn't sliding all the way off. I think I fixed it. I love when you can do it yourself instead of paying for the shop to do it.

Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1