Interactive map of where you can fly legally

There is also an app called AirMap that I've installed on my android tablet. It lets you plan flights and a simple tap on the map and you can see if you are in any NFZs. Not sure if there is an iOS version or not. I wasn't impressed by the reviews on the FAA's app, b4ufly, but this seems pretty decent.

Not sure if this has been posted but I thought it was interesting...
Want to Fly a Drone? Here's Where You Can Do It (Legally, at Least) | Innovation | Smithsonian

Happy droning.

I don't know if I would rely on that site. I put my area in and the Blue Ridge Parkway does not show up as a no drone location even though it is classified as a National Park. The apps AirMap and Hover both show the NP's and show the BRP in red. B4UFly app doesn't for some reason (I may need to check the settings). Just wanting to point it out.

There is also an app called AirMap that I've installed on my android tablet. It lets you plan flights and a simple tap on the map and you can see if you are in any NFZs. Not sure if there is an iOS version or not. I wasn't impressed by the reviews on the FAA's app, b4ufly, but this seems pretty decent.

Same here: I find AirMap (available both for Android and iOS) to be much better and intuitive than FAA's B4UFLY (which I ended up removing altogether).

My house sits in a restricted zone because the airport is about 2mls away. I can still fly - in fact airport is virtually unused apart from odd Military / Coastal stuff and private student flights - such that I have permission to use main runway for my fixed wing RC models.
But its annoying that I cannot remove the red overlay on the map when Go is active. I believe that maybe later Go can have corrections applied ...

Nigel

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20