Intelligent flight battery

Reaction score
Just purchased my 3rd battery after the first two failed after about 155 days. Works out to approximately $4.50 per day while they were usable. I don't consider 4 to 6 minutes of flight before flashing red lights as being usable. I talked with DJI today and understand they are seeing some battery issue and since I have owned my batteries over three months they are sorry I am having problems--good by. These batteries when purchased the first of April,were $160.00 ea. The battery I just received is down to a mere $129.00. I have read the accompanying information but did not see anything regarding the length of the warranty.
After spending about $1500.00 on DJI products in the past few months one would think they would offer some type of accommodations, anything other than "sorry, good by". I hope I will get longer service out of the new battery and will no doubt have to purchase another in the near future. There is one thing for sure, I do not plan to spend $600.00 a year on batteries which are this expensive and have such a short warranty. (This says a lot about the companies confidence in this part of their product)

You didn't mention what version Phantom you have but at 4-6 mins something is wrong. You need to check your battery warning levels, not draining battery to lowest safe level might explain why they're not lasting. I have 5 "intelligent batteries" (one nearing the 300 flight #) and they all go 12 -16 mins on either my P1.5 or P2, & both are loaded to the gills w/gear.

P2---24 discharges on one, 31 on the other. One is giving a warning at 11.2 volts but I can make it continue to fly 1 to 2 minutes longer. The other is down to maybe 10.9/10.8 before the warning. I have always landed shortly after the warning, not wanting to take a chance.
How old are your batteries?
How do you set the battery warning levels? I did not see the option on the assistant 3.2.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20