Intelligent battery main circuit board melt down

Reaction score
The connecting plug on the main circuit board that carries the feed from the two spring loaded pins off the DJI battery melted off the circuit board.

I was flying at night, 68% battery. The P2V blinked all red for a second, then black and lost all power at about 90 ft. The crash was bad landing on a neighbors roof. (that is another story) The crash took out 3 motors, (bent shafts), props, prop guard, main circuit board replacement and battery connector leads. There were no cracks in the shell and the ring on the camera has a good ding but still works fine.

After the crash I put a new battery tried to repower the P2V. It would shut off befoe completing the initial light sequence. About 15 minutes later it finished the start sequence almost like it triggered a heat shut off. Without the intelligent battery feed it goes to solid red.

I was shooting a video and the camera shut off which I think indicates a full power shut down.

I have pictures of the melted connection.

I can do the repairs and all the parts were at the hobby shop. Not knowing what caused the melt down is now the troubling part.

Any ideas.

Tim

It sounds like your battery (and/or the connection thereof) short circuited. Are you sure the battery was plugged in properly? Maybe the connector was a bit wet or had some dirt or other particles on it? Just guessing?

What about the damage to your neighbour's roof? Was it bad? Sorry this malfuntion had to screw up your Phantom so much. Good luck fixing!

The two spring loaded connections don't carry any current only data.
Sorry but you might need to replace the main board and the power connector from the main board to the battery.
And the battery that was in it when it failed.

can you post pictures?

breweraz said:
The connecting plug on the main circuit board that carries the feed from the two spring loaded pins off the DJI battery melted off the circuit board.

I was flying at night, 68% battery. The P2V blinked all red for a second, then black and lost all power at about 90 ft. The crash was bad landing on a neighbors roof. (that is another story) The crash took out 3 motors, (bent shafts), props, prop guard, main circuit board replacement and battery connector leads. There were no cracks in the shell and the ring on the camera has a good ding but still works fine.

After the crash I put a new battery tried to repower the P2V. It would shut off befoe completing the initial light sequence. About 15 minutes later it finished the start sequence almost like it triggered a heat shut off. Without the intelligent battery feed it goes to solid red.

I was shooting a video and the camera shut off which I think indicates a full power shut down.

I have pictures of the melted connection.

I can do the repairs and all the parts were at the hobby shop. Not knowing what caused the melt down is now the troubling part.

Any ideas.

Tim

Yes, Sent a note to DJI and explain what happened. They will hopefully respond and offer some compensation. I say this from experience in a lost P2 due to a power failure.

Tom

The pic is attached.

p2vboardpic-1.jpg.html

Thats a really bad pict, but it looks like the connector wasn't properly soldered to the main pcb.
that goes to the data pins of the battery.

can you get a better picture of the area of the PCB where that connector was.

The way you were describing the failure. I thought the two spring loaded pins on the battery connector in the battery compartment burned.

Another plausible cause is if that battery data wire wasn't properly routed the edge of the battery could have caught the cable and snapped the SMT plug for that cable or weakened it.

Progress update.

I was able to get the new power plug and circuit board installed. The P2V ran through all the cycles and the motors started without the props.

Went to hook up the wifi and all looked good but then it will not link the camera to the app. The iPhone will make a connection to the P2V but it will not link to the camera. I bought the wire kit (pn 22) and will install it tomorrow and see if there is any difference. I will try to rebind the camera after I get the code from DJI.

I put on the props and tried a to lift off and the P2V would not take off but rather just fall to one side like the motors or controller was out of sync.

I reset the compass, went through the calibration of the sticks again and redid the installs, EMU basic and advance and the same same thing flops on take off.

Heading the to hobby shop for more tests. Step at a time trying to bring it back to life.

Tim
Tim

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik