intelligent battery dont how to count?

Reaction score
hi there, i was wondering you all out there is facing the same problem like me. i counted that i have the charged the battery more than 20 times. but if refer to the apps, is just 17 times. so which one to follow? if 20 i need to discharge but if 17 i just continue to recharge. so anyone? need help here.

Isn't it based on complete cycles. Eg. 5 x 20% = 1 charge, 3 x 70% = 2.1 cycles etc...

in english.....
Its based on accumulative charges and NOT the amount of times you plug the charger into the battery.

Lets say you have 1 spanking new battery with 0.0 cycles and 0% charge.
You charge to %100 on first use. This will be 1 cycle.
On your next flight, you do a quick flight and use up 30%. You full-charge your battery, Your cycle will now be 1.30 cycle.
Next flight after, you use 80% and full-charge your battery = 2.1 cycles (100%+30%+80% = 210%/100 = 2.1 cycles).

I would hate if the battery cycle count is based on the number of times you plug it in...

So in plain engrish, the P2 assist app should say 20 cycles - this is when you need to perform the 8% discharge.

In my opinion (as im no expert) - I do think the discharging to 8% will damage your battery. The discharge to 8% is to 'realign' the battery meter. I would recommend flying to 25-30% and land and ignore the discharge recommendation.

Last edited:
Its based on accumulative charges and NOT the amount of times you plug the charger into the battery.

Lets say you have 1 spanking new battery with 0.0 cycles and 0% charge.
You charge to %100 on first use. This will be 1 cycle.
On your next flight, you do a quick flight and use up 30%. You full-charge your battery, Your cycle will now be 1.30 cycle.
Next flight after, you use 80% and full-charge your battery = 2.1 cycles (100%+30%+80% = 210%/100 = 2.1 cycles).

I would hate if the battery cycle count is based on the number of times you plug it in...

So in plain engrish, the P2 assist app should say 20 cycles - this is when you need to perform the 8% discharge.

In my opinion (as im no expert) - I do think the discharging to 8% will damage your battery. The discharge to 8% is to 'realign' the battery meter. I would recommend flying to 25-30% and land and ignore the discharge recommendation.
i get ur point. but i tell you on the 17th count, my battery life already 98%. all this while i land my craft at 30%. then i full charge. then if i have no plan to fly and if my batt is full i will discharge it until 40% or lower. so by doing this way is it contribute to the 98% batt life?

Why are you concerned with 98% battery life? If 17 cycles causes a 2% drop in battery life, then 300 cycles would put you at 82% battery life. (Assuming the life degrades linearly, which it doesn't, but that's not the point). In any case, don't worry about it.

Reactions: nickyb and BigAl07
Why are you concerned with 98% battery life? If 17 cycles causes a 2% drop in battery life, then 300 cycles would put you at 82% battery life. (Assuming the life degrades linearly, which it doesn't, but that's not the point). In any case, don't worry about it.
98% will u think 1000 times as not to use for long flights or not fly high...it will affect our decision...compare to 100% u will just fly the craft without any hesitation...other meaning u lose confidence....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20