Insurance

I have a list of commonly used insurance options here. This list was compiled from members suggesting them in this forum.

I just insured my new Phantom 3 Advanced through State Farm for $75 a year, had to pay two months in advance ($12.50 lol) and the balance on my monthly payments for my home and auto....... $1000 coverage, no deductible!!!! I really don't think you can go wrong.... DJI Care is $199!

I just insured my new Phantom 3 Advanced through State Farm for $75 a year, had to pay two months in advance ($12.50 lol) and the balance on my monthly payments for my home and auto....... $1000 coverage, no deductible!!!! I really don't think you can go wrong.... DJI Care is $199!

That insures the drone itself. Do they cover liability?

I got State farm for $60 a year. Loss, accident, and theft. Just the drone. No accessories. No liability. No deductable.

Reactions: JWH
I just got this for my p4 and my q500 $71.00 a year with only $5.90 down. They are looking
into the liability with the home owner insurance.

I just got this for my p4 and my q500 $71.00 a year with only $5.90 down. They are looking
into the liability with the home owner insurance.
Were you able to get a response from Statefarm on Liability?
I have personal article policy with them, covering my '14 MBP and Nikon D5300(both 18-55 and 55-300mm lens and a couple of memory cards). Paying around 125$ I believe. I have to check my credit card statement.

I'm not a claims adjuster but I am an instance agent. Your homeowner's insurance liability should cover you if you hurt someone. I always used the example of someone hitting another in the head with a golf ball. Then that person sues you, your liability protects you. I don't see this as any different.

I'm not a claims adjuster but I am an instance agent. Your homeowner's insurance liability should cover you if you hurt someone. I always used the example of someone hitting another in the head with a golf ball. Then that person sues you, your liability protects you. I don't see this as any different.

Wouldn't that only apply if the injury occurred on your property ?

I'm calling my broker asap. I just got a referb p4 and have been flying the crap out of it for the past week. Mainly in my own area which is forested and mountainous but I want to get out over water soon.

My P4Pro fell out of the sky at 75ft, no joke. It crashed into a car, broke the front windshield, side mirror, dented the corner pillar and passenger door.

DJI repaired it under warranty. Although it is still in progress after almost a month (incident was 7/3/17), it appears that my homeowners will cover the damage to the car...after my $1000 deductible. My insurance is American Family.

My P4Pro fell out of the sky at 75ft, no joke. It crashed into a car, broke the front windshield, side mirror, dented the corner pillar and passenger door.

DJI repaired it under warranty. Although it is still in progress after almost a month (incident was 7/3/17), it appears that my homeowners will cover the damage to the car...after my $1000 deductible. My insurance is American Family.

That is really strange that you have to pay a deductible. If you do damage to someone else's property you don't have to pay a deductible. For example, you hit someone's car and do damage, you pay a deductible to fix your car but not the other person's car. That example is with a car but the same principle applies to home.

You might want to look into that.

A single drone caused damage to a windshield and side mirror, as well as a door? Also, there should be no liability deductible on a personal policy (non-commercial). Something odd here.

A single drone caused damage to a windshield and side mirror, as well as a door? Also, there should be no liability deductible on a personal policy (non-commercial). Something odd here.
Most insurance policies have deductibles. You can lower it by paying more for the policy. People tend keep the usual deductible thinking they'll never have to use it and save money on the purchase price. I tend to think insurance is more for catastrophic reasons and take care of the smaller stuff myself. Having the deductible is desirable to insurance companies so they don't have to get involved in the small stuff. Then, they only pay the difference between the deductible and the actual damage. It's up to the buyer to decide what kind of coverage they want.

Geo

Do you have any? And who do you use?

Hey Ed, I work for State Farm in Paramus, NJ. I can tell you that the policies don't have built in Liability coverage. However, if you have either a homeowners or renters policy with the company, the liability will extend from that policy. State Farm recently updated their home/renters policies to have wording that explicitly notes drones for extended liability coverage. Feel free to reach out with any questions. call or txt -- 201-961-3918

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1