Insurance to protect

Reaction score
I am a newbie I live in the USA just bought a phantom 2 Vision. I need to know if there is a way to get insurance to cover in case it flyaway or crashes on a property. I like in Florida.

If no insurance how can I protect my investment. I have a check list before flying but I am concern.

mlopez60120 said:
If no insurance how can I protect my investment. I have a check list before flying but I am concern.

Tracking device is a must in my opinion.

you should be more concerned about getting liability insurance to protect you from a million dollar law suit, than from losing at $1200 drone. The liability insurance might only cost $500, but I would imagine that if anyone DID sell Drone loss insurance it would be at least $500 on a $1200 drone, because the risks of losing one are so high. Whereas the risk of damaging someone's body, or property to the tune of 1 million dollars is much lower. But that risk is still very much there.

lutece7 said:
you should be more concerned about getting liability insurance to protect you from a million dollar law suit, than from losing at $1200 drone.
I so agree. I don't fly this thing around people and private property (much) for that very reason. Maybe after a few hundred flights, but for now with about 20 flights I'm just not that confident it's always gonna do what I say, when I say it, and nothing else!

mlopez60120 said:
what type
You are going to get many opinions but you can search for tracking device.

I chose a Maro Polo. There are also devices that rely on cellular to transmit location back to you which requires a cell data plan. There are also bluetooth devices which i would avoid.

There are a few other types including beacon type transmitters. For me I would want something that shows location on a map or has a device that points direction.

Something that costs almost nothing, Put your phone number or other contact information on your phantom so if it gets away from you there's a chance an honest person will return it.

I have a camera rider on my home owners policy. When I crashed my first Phantom the wife said "you should see if the home owner's policy will cover it". I love my wife. They reimbursed me for the whole copter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4