Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Insurance to protect

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by mlopez60120, Sep 25, 2014.

1. mlopez60120

I am a newbie I live in the USA just bought a phantom 2 Vision. I need to know if there is a way to get insurance to cover in case it flyaway or crashes on a property. I like in Florida.

If no insurance how can I protect my investment. I have a check list before flying but I am concern.

2. rrmccabe

Tracking device is a must in my opinion.

3. mlopez60120

4. lutece7

you should be more concerned about getting liability insurance to protect you from a million dollar law suit, than from losing at $1200 drone. The liability insurance might only cost $500, but I would imagine that if anyone DID sell Drone loss insurance it would be at least $500 on a $1200 drone, because the risks of losing one are so high. Whereas the risk of damaging someone's body, or property to the tune of 1 million dollars is much lower. But that risk is still very much there.

5. mmn

mmn

I so agree. I don't fly this thing around people and private property (much) for that very reason. Maybe after a few hundred flights, but for now with about 20 flights I'm just not that confident it's always gonna do what I say, when I say it, and nothing else!

6. rrmccabe

You are going to get many opinions but you can search for tracking device.

I chose a Maro Polo. There are also devices that rely on cellular to transmit location back to you which requires a cell data plan. There are also bluetooth devices which i would avoid.

There are a few other types including beacon type transmitters. For me I would want something that shows location on a map or has a device that points direction.

7. kirbinster

I too have a Marco Polo on my bird. As for liability your homeowners or umbrella policy should cover you.

8. lutece7

9. CYeutter

Something that costs almost nothing, Put your phone number or other contact information on your phantom so if it gets away from you there's a chance an honest person will return it.

10. WyattEarp

I have a camera rider on my home owners policy. When I crashed my first Phantom the wife said "you should see if the home owner's policy will cover it". I love my wife. They reimbursed me for the whole copter.

11. MapMaker53

Someone in another post claimed they got reimbursed for their phantom camera replacement in full because they had purchased a Square Trade warranty that covers any kind of damage. http://www.squaretrade.com/camera-warranty

12. lutece7

Iphave put not only my phone number on mine, but the offer of a handsome reward.