Insurance on drone

Reaction score
I called my State Farm insurance agent the other day asking about liability insurance. They said they don't have it for drones. She did say i could get insurance to cover crashes, flyaway etc. for 60.00 a year and it would be 100.00 deductible. For only 5.00 a month for peace of mind not to worry about fly away or crashes. Your thoughts please.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I called my State Farm insurance agent the other day asking about liability insurance. They said they don't have it for drones. She did say i could get insurance to cover crashes, flyaway etc. for 60.00 a year and it would be 100.00 deductible. For only 5.00 a month for peace of mind not to worry about fly away or crashes. Your thoughts please.

I was told there would be no deductable at all. She said the policy includes everything except intentional damage, so water should be fine. The only catch is you still have to make a reasonable attempt to retrieve it if possible, if not possible or reasonable though it is 100% covered no matter what. They also cover all te accessories. She said they only just started covering drones earlier is year, it's still new to them, I had to call a couple different agents just to find one that knew about it. FYI Statefarm also is the first insurance company to begin using drones of their own, they use them to inspect damage, so their own embrace of drones may have something to do with this.

I have State Farm. Took my drone in, including the backpack, trackimo, batteries, filters, etc and purchased a personal policy for 60.00. It was exactly as others here have testified to; they do offer it. You may have to educate them. I brought in a copy of somebodyelses policy.

Just to clarify when i called this was hobby and not 107 and you need to bring a copy of receipt where you bought the drone.

I live in South Florida. State Farm wrote me for everything except liability. No deduction, no exclusions. But it cost me $76/year. Worth every penny!

You guy's are lucky for that type of insurance at that price in the US, here in Canada I can't find any type of insurance for recreational only (yet).

Sorry, never saw this message. No deductible, I just got an estimate for repairs and they paid. 100% + the estimate (99) fee

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers