Insurance Inspections Following Hurricane Harvey

Reaction score
For those working as drone pilots for major insurance companies, have you been called up to head to Texas and Louisiana for inspections following Hurricane Harvey? There have been several news reports about how UAVs are going to make the assessment process faster and I'm curious if their pilots are already in-house, or if they will be looking for outside help. It will be interesting to see how UAVs will benefit those affected by the hurricane since this is the largest (applicable) disaster since the commercial flight rules took place a year ago.

I can't speak for Harvy, but post Hurricane Irma down in Florida, the largest electric company in the state reached out for help from 49 uas pilots for aid in their power and delivery sector.

Basically the drones were used to inspect the damaged power lines quicker and safer than the line crews could. And especially in the hard to reach places. The proper spotter would then radio in which crews needed to be where and with what equipment. It sped up the process of getting the power restored by days. I remember the president saying the uas pilots and crews helped cut an estimated 1 full day off the line crews work, and that was just after day 3 from when the storm had left the area. I believe full power was restored after day 11 or 12 total.

Yeah!! Even I have also heard this, post-Hurricane Irma down in Florida, the largest electric company in the state reached out for help from 49 UAS pilots. I must say due to changing weather no one can ever forecast when and where natural disasters will going to take place. So its always better to keep handy all the tools for safety purpose, as well as to keep insurance documents ready with full of agreement so that when it happens, you can directly call them or the public adjusters like Alliance public adjusters for the further restoration process.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj