Insurance in the Uk

Reaction score
Hi Ladies/Gents. As I've stated recently I'm a novice and only just got my 1st drone a Phantom 3 Professional. I would be absolutely gutted if I damaged or lost it and was wondering who other users insure with and what the approx cost is? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi bigbri1979,
I find it interesting that there is very little regarding this topic like you I was checking for insurance.
I am based in Sydney Australia and there were very few insurance companies and my research found that insurance companies here were very unsure of this new category.
I found policies were very different and prices were also varied but importantly some were very restrictive but
finally found one which was spot on and their insurance business was commercial and private aviation insurance.
I can only suggest that you check and compare insurance companies and you will find the best policy.
(some of my details are: liability cover-$10mil, $250 per UAV (all per year) total approximate cost per year $2.5K
finally do check the small print.
I hope this will help you.
Regards, JV

Reactions: bigbri1979
If you want it insured for transit and in flight, checkout droneinsure, I've found them to be most helpful. Don't just assume your household insurance will cover it at home or transit either, most won't I discovered...
I'm also with BMFA for 3rd party liability whilst doing it as a hobby.

A company similar to this is nearyaerial.com. You pay a flat rate yearly for crash repair. No coverage for hurting other people or property damage though.

Sent from my iPod touch using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl