Insurance in Canada

Reaction score
Anyone in Canada getting insured for coverage of their drone? Not just as an item under their home owners policy but also covering liability for crashes and or injury.

Found that Zurich is offering an all inclusive policy but it looks like it might just be for commercial use. Looking like a minimum of $500 premium per year.

Zurich Canada launches drone insurance package - Canadian Underwriter

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

From what I have seen many insurance company's are doing commercial only. I am going with the drone insurance depot that gave me a $500 quote

Hi there,

For now, i don't have insurance but i'v ask how it can be for a year. (ask the company for my house)

2,500$ to get 5,000,000$ coverage.
PS: the drone P3P cost 2,000$ in Canada :)

I should have added, I don't care about the actual drone. More the liability if I hurt someone or cause damage with it. I'm not looking for getting the unit fixed or replaced just wanting to protect my *** in the event something happens. I often fly through my subdivision and if it fell out of the sky it would likely hit a house, car or person.

My home insurance is 2mil liability and covers liability except when used commercially. The commercial policy won't cover personal use.

That is exactly what i'm talking about. If the drone fall on a road and a big accident happen, collision, dead people etc etc... that's where the 5,000,000$ can help.

That is exactly what i'm talking about. If the drone fall on a road and a big accident happen, collision, dead people etc etc... that's where the 5,000,000$ can help.
Yes, I too have liability but @2million for my drone thru my home insurance policy, unless I am using it commercially.

I don't think one can find 100,000 liability in Canada. Which is stated minimum with Transport Canada.

Yes, I too have liability but @2million for my drone thru my home insurance policy, unless I am using it commercially.

I don't think one can find 100,000 liability in Canada. Which is stated minimum with Transport Canada.

May I ask which company you use for your home insurance. Just got off the phone with my broker and he's unaware of companies offering this type of liability on home owners policy's. He knows of one company in Toronto but their offering has a $1000 premium.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj