Insurance for Phantom P4

Reaction score
I recent suffered from a "smash and grab" theft (the thief smashed my car window, unlocked the door and stole everything of value from my car). I could have had extra riders on my home owner's insurance for the $5000 worth of photographic equipment I lost. I didn't. The result was that my home owners insurance only paid for the replacement value after the 1% home value deductible. After the deductible, most of the cost of my equipment was not covered.

That has brought me to a problem. Insurance companies (Allstate in my case) will not insure my Drone only for theft. They identify a drone as a flying machine and think I want liability insurance for it. I have found nowhere I can insure my P4 for theft and theft only. Typically, everything I need to run my P4 is in the single easily stolen case. I have become nervous about carrying my P4 with me because its replacement value is less than the deductible on my home owners insurance.
Has anyone else dealt successfully with buying theft insurance for UAV's?

Ed Bradford, Pflugerville, TX; a new P4 owner.

State farm will insure at 60 dollars per year in NC

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

State farm will insure at 60 dollars per year in NC

I live in Texas. What type of policy do you buy in NC? I need to tell my local agent what State Farm products people are buying in other states? $60/yr sounds reasonable to me for theft and theft only.
Thank you.

Personal articles policy. No deductible at replacement value

The 60 per year premium is actually the minimum policy that can be issued in NC, this may vary elsewhere. That premium covers up to 3k I believe so you can add some other items in with it if you want

Wow. Is there a link for this? Only asking as I live in London , England and would love to know if they also cover other countries (which i would expect would costs a bit more in all fairness )

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I recently took my drone on a trip with my wife, but she wanted to go,through the available arts and crafts, etc, before I could go fly. I was afraid of my equipment setting in the hot car, wondering if it would get too hot,or not be there when I go to start setting up. I found I had a beach cooler with handle and big wheels, laid 2 ice badges on bottom covered by towel and wax paper with drone and equip fit nice inside. Even in the trunk on 90 degree day it stayed under 80 inside. If in the back seat, looks just like another cooler, only threat would be that wine-o looking for refreshments, and what would be worse that a wine-o flying your drone.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I recently took my drone on a trip with my wife, but she wanted to go,through the available arts and crafts, etc, before I could go fly. I was afraid of my equipment setting in the hot car, wondering if it would get too hot,or not be there when I go to start setting up. I found I had a beach cooler with handle and big wheels, laid 2 ice badges on bottom covered by towel and wax paper with drone and equip fit nice inside. Even in the trunk on 90 degree day it stayed under 80 inside. If in the back seat, looks just like another cooler, only threat would be that wine-o looking for refreshments, and what would be worse that a wine-o flying your drone.

I recently took my wife on a drone trip!

I'd be concerned with condensation if I'm chilling my equipment on ice before taking it out

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj