Insulating the GPS Module?

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I've seen many posts about cracked GPS Modules due to crashes and the way the frame of the P2 can hit the module. Is there a way to insulate the frame to give it a bit of cushion incase something may happen and it crashes?
I've ordered a few of the parts from digikey because I know myself and will likely have a couple of "oh no" moments.
Anyhow....Just a thought.

PS. Do stickers on the drone affect the GPS at all? I'm looking to get a camo kit to put on it.

Hi Everyone,
I've seen many posts about cracked GPS Modules due to crashes and the way the frame of the P2 can hit the module. Is there a way to insulate the frame to give it a bit of cushion incase something may happen and it crashes?
I've ordered a few of the parts from digikey because I know myself and will likely have a couple of "oh no" moments.
Anyhow....Just a thought.

PS. Do stickers on the drone affect the GPS at all? I'm looking to get a camo kit to put on it.

You really need to crash hard to crack the ceramic puck. Just do yourself a favour and upgrade to a 4dbi from digi key. Grab a few pucks as the delivery is expensive to Australia.

And stickers do affect the GPS if they are metallic. This will act like foil and deflect the signal.

I bought 3 of the pucks from digi key. Two - 2dbi and one 4dbi. Just need to get my bird back from DJI. going to be a long 6 weeks...
The stickers I'm looking at are from china, I don't think they are metallic but I will have to check.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl