Installing Zenmuse w/upgrade board - HELP

Reaction score
I can't find any video or instructions which show how to install the Zenmuse gimbal along with the upgrade board. All I have found are videos showing an install with a separate PMU.

Please help... everything is apart.

What a frustrating SOB!!!

Once again DJI disappoints. First it was a bricked Phantom after doing the initial software upgrade. The unit would no longer work in the PPM mode and had to be set to D-bus... Of course I had to track this info down in the forums.

Now I bought the upgrade board and Zenmuse 3d... No instruction in the box what so ever. DJI's videos do not detail installing the Zenmuse when used with the upgrade board. All videos on YouTube show the Zenmuse installed with the PMU and GCU.

So... If you find yourself in the same situation... The GCU that comes with the Zenmuse... throw it away. The Zenmuse plugs directly into the new main board and requires no other boxes or connections.

Now.. you install your tilt control and you find that it doesn't work either... Dead as a stone when you try to calibrate it per the YouTube video for the upgrade board install. I found the info to fix it on this forum here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3025&p=39535&hilit=tilt#p39535

If your tilt is dead in the water... You have to follow the instructions above which has you download a separate Assistant program, then you plug a micro USB cord into your transmitter (just glad I had one laying around) upgrade the firmware in the transmitter, and voila, the tilt control is finally accessible in the "normal" Assistant program.

WTF!!!! Plug n play my REAR!!

I was working on this thing for 5 hours today. Spent nearly an hour and a half trying to get support from B&H Photo, that was a worthless waste of time.

Much thanks to those on this forum who have been through this and compiled the info above.

So sick of it...

After spending yesterday getting the Zenmuse installed, I only took it outside last night after dark for a quick hover up to 6 feet and then back down. Thought all was well...

This morning I took it out for a flight. I plugged in the battery, set the compass by rotating the coptor, got the flashing green to show that it acquired the home location, no red flashes, and I let it sit at green gps mode flash for 10 seconds before takeoff.

All was well while I was controlling the coptor close to my body. Then I sent it away from me about 30 feet. I saw the yellow flashing lights and it went into failsafe. It landed itself at the starting point.

What I have since found is that I can't walk more than 10 feet from the coptor without losing signal! I have the dual receiver board. The antennas are mounted on the inside of the front landing struts. I tried removing the Zenmuse, but nothing changed.

I have no idea why, but I no longer have any receiver range what so ever. I have double checked everything. Everything is plugged in and tight.

Once again in need of assistance...

Try re-linking the RX to your Phantom - button bottom side of Phantom

EMCSQUAR said:
Try re-linking the RX to your Phantom - button bottom side of Phantom

Tried it, no difference.

The range is down to about 20ft :( I can set off the no signal error within my living room.

Been rackin' my brain and thought I'd ask - did you remember to hook up rec'v to NAZA. Should be a 3 wire cable from antenna board to NAZA. Thoght I'd ask since you mention no instructions. You weren't kidding on lack of info - I did find this ->http://www.dji.com/how-to-install-the-phantom-upgrade-kit/

Hope it helps and gets you flying again...

EMCSQUAR said:
Been rackin' my brain and thought I'd ask - did you remember to hook up rec'v to NAZA. Should be a 3 wire cable from antenna board to NAZA. Thoght I'd ask since you mention no instructions. You weren't kidding on lack of info - I did find this ->http://www.dji.com/how-to-install-the-phantom-upgrade-kit/

Hope it helps and gets you flying again...

Yes I saw the video. It shows a single antenna receiver mine is dual and I wasn't sure which cable went to which input. I hooked it up wrong the first time and got an error. Flipped the connectors and it started up normally.

I just ordered a new receiver board. It's only 15.00 so it can't hurt to try.

I had thought I had read or seen a video about some folks having a similar issue after installing their gimbal. I would love to find the article again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4