Installing PMU V2 on phantom 2 stops it working

Reaction score
Hi
I just bought a Phantom 2, with few other DJI products

One of them is a PMU V2 with IOSD

When ever i connect the PMU 2 to the phantom and turn it on, it keeps beeping and flashing red

i disconnect the PMU and IOSD and it goes back to normal

i think this is happening because i am disconnecting the EXP and X from the board and connecting those ports to the PMU V2

Any suggestions?

OK, i have connected the PMU V2 to the power on the board

IOSD to its own power

Phantom start with it standard beeps, then nothing

No flashing of lights

And it doesnt respond to RC

IOSD Firmware upgraded

I hadnt done that
But i did now
And as per my second message
Do i need to plug the wires i pulled out of X3 somewhere?

Or they should be left alone.....

Ok i have done the following
Connected the GPS cable out of EXP to the PMU V2
Disconnected the IOSD for now
Same thing
Starts with beeping
Then stops and no lights on

I connected it tot he Phantom 2 software and straight away an error came up
"Battery Error" Not DJI Intelligent Battery!"
Not sure why this is saying that when i bought this from the DJI website

Sorry, I just noticed you said you're doing this on a P2...why do you think you need a PMU exactly? You can't add that to a P2 due to the problem you just saw...the power to the NAZA has to go through the board to validate the special battery. The P2 has a canbus port already, so the iOSD can just plug in to that. And do you have the iOSD mini or iOSD mkII?

I have an IOSD Mark II i am trying to install
all of the diagrams show that i need a PMU

Nope, you don't need the PMU.
You just need to connect the can port of the iOSD Mk2 to the can port on the P2's leg.
You will need to get power to the iOSD Mk2 though so you will need to either cut the XT60s off it and solder to the main power on the board, or create an XT60 fly lead.

Can I ask why you are using the MK2 rather than the iOSD mini? The mini is so simple to install and you don't need to mess with power at all.

Hi rilot
I am learning all of that as i am going mate
I should have bought the mini, my mistake

But i do have an another issue now

After successful getting it working with the Fat Shark, used it and worked beautifully

Re-charged the battery as per normally - took about 2 hours to recharge

Now the unit wont start and when i plug it into the Phantom 2 software it is giving me the following error

Battery Error - Not DJI Intelligent Battery!

I have searched all over the internet for that error and only one came up was in German.

Can anyone help?

Make sure that the battery is fully pushed home so that the clips click in to place. If it is, try and update the firmware.
As you've been poking around inside the craft, could you have disturbed the connector that goes to the battery? There is a small, 4 wire cable along with the main cable that goes from the battery terminals to the main board. This is the connection that the craft uses to sense an intelligent battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik