Installing LightBridge antennas?

Reaction score
Anyone have any tips for installing the Lightbridges Antennas, I got 2 different types just wire ones and these ones with white rectangles on them > tips would be great for mounting and which antenna is best.

sar104 said:
I'm using the paddle antennas. I installed them on diagonally opposite legs, and at right angles to each other. Seems to work well. I did remove the stock receiver board and antennas first.

So you are using the futaba Receiver then? and if you are then what did you do with those antennas or did you just replace them back from where sticks were? Did you also put them on opposite legs as the receivers antenna?.

Ill check out link above as well just getting as much info as i Can.

Haze said:
sar104 said:
I'm using the paddle antennas. I installed them on diagonally opposite legs, and at right angles to each other. Seems to work well. I did remove the stock receiver board and antennas first.

So you are using the futaba Receiver then? and if you are then what did you do with those antennas or did you just replace them back from where sticks were? Did you also put them on opposite legs as the receivers antenna?.

I'm using a 14SG radio connected to the Lightbridge ground unit via the trainer port. The only receiver on the aircraft is the LB air unit, since that handles control and video downlink, and no other antennas - just the LB air unit paddle antennas, which are front right and rear left. Rear right is the compass module and front left has nothing since I removed the entire CAN bus wiring, which is redundant with LB.

sar104 said:
Haze said:
sar104 said:

I'm using a 14SG radio connected to the Lightbridge ground unit via the trainer port. The only receiver on the aircraft is the LB air unit, since that handles control and video downlink, and no other antennas - just the LB air unit paddle antennas, which are front right and rear left. Rear right is the compass module and front left has nothing since I removed the entire CAN bus wiring, which is redundant with LB.

so you took out the stock receiver? why since you can just use trainer with out RF? so you cant fly with out the light bridge? is that recommended or?

Haze said:
sar104 said:

so you took out the stock receiver? why since you can just use trainer with out RF? so you cant fly with out the light bridge? is that recommended or?

I removed it because it is unnecessary with LB installed, and it saved some weight (around 20 g). That P2 is now LB only unless I reinstall an RF receiver.

sar104 said:
Haze said:
sar104 said:

I removed it because it is unnecessary with LB installed, and it saved some weight (around 20 g). That P2 is now LB only unless I reinstall an RF receiver.

Have Any tips on the placment of the antenas i can get to 350 m then lose RC signal

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpg
    IMG_0481.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 1,741

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic