installing DJIgo app.

Reaction score
Need your help. I have Verizon MIFI for my internet. When I try to install the DJIGO app. I install to connect, Its not getting into wifi because I only have the one connection. Is this loaded through DJI by my one internet connection through my tablet, or is this a different wifi conection. I get the DJIGO logo in my tablet but I cannot get the actual app. to open up. Please help my 76 year old brain. Thanks

Need your help. I have Verizon MIFI for my internet. When I try to install the DJIGO app. I install to connect, Its not getting into wifi because I only have the one connection. Is this loaded through DJI by my one internet connection through my tablet, or is this a different wifi conection. I get the DJIGO logo in my tablet but I cannot get the actual app. to open up. Please help my 76 year old brain. Thanks
Hi thinking,,not realy know about that type wifi sounds like your tablet setting not allowing instalation of djigo,if your tablet is conected to a wifi sorce of some sort it should load,,,i been waitin to c if anyone replyed cause i wasent sure,,:)

14893716865121328630362.jpg

Has it been flown before or first time set up found this old page

Hi thinking,,not realy know about that type wifi sounds like your tablet setting not allowing instalation of djigo,if your tablet is conected to a wifi sorce of some sort it should load,,,i been waitin to c if anyone replyed cause i wasent sure,,:)
14893718521981969626788.jpg

As ianzone said, is your quad brand new and never registered? As for downloading the app, as long as you have an Internet connection and access the iOS or google play store, download it like any other app. If the unit is brand new, you will need to power up the AC and RC, open up the app and wait for instructions. There is confusion sometimes as the wifi used to download the app and register is different to the wifi generated from your P3S. Once you have downloaded the app from your internet and registered the craft, turn on your wifi on your device, go into wifi settings and select your phantom wifi. That should fire up the app and you can take it from there.

Thanks for the input. I turn on the RC and the AC then on the tablet I get into the DGIgo app. When I get to the part about select Phantom XXX Nothing happens after that. I cannot get into to register the drone. No, it has never flown yeat. Thanks Jerry

with RC on , AC on , tablet and GO on , switch back to home Wi-Fi , need to be connected back to internet to register , then reconnect to P3S Wi-Fi

Well just got off the phone with DJI, she states that my Nvida shield K1 is not a recommended device. She says this is why its not loading up???

Did not see where you say which model of Phantom you have.
Even if DJI says the tablet is not on the approved list, it does not mean with 100% certainty that the tablet will not work.
If you have the Phantom3 Standard, then you have to go to the tablet WiFi settings, and connect the tablet to the wifi signal that the remote controller is broadcasting in order to see your Pahntom.

Reactions: nogo
Well just got off the phone with DJI, she states that my Nvida shield K1 is not a recommended device. She says this is why its not loading up???
Using an Nvidia Shield is not the problem.
Despite what the DJI person said, it's probably the best Android tablet to use and works like a charm.
It's not a recommended device because DJI never got around to testing it, but it's been tested by many flyers.

with RC on , AC on , tablet and GO on , switch back to home Wi-Fi , need to be connected back to internet to register , then reconnect to P3S Wi-Fi
My problem is that I cannot register. I get about half way through the install and the DJIgo app locks up, not letting me complete the install. I tried un-installing the app. and then reloading. This did not help. Very frustrating. Jerry

My problem is that I cannot register. I get about half way through the install and the DJIgo app locks up, not letting me complete the install. I tried un-installing the app. and then reloading. This did not help. Very frustrating. Jerry
From memory when I tried to register my first phantom, I had a similar problem. Turned out it was my wifi, so I took the package into town and used regular mobile coverage to complete it. Not sure if that may be of help to you.

From memory when I tried to register my first phantom, I had a similar problem. Turned out it was my wifi, so I took the package into town and used regular mobile coverage to complete it. Not sure if that may be of help to you.
Going to try this in the morning. Tevek, when you register, I read that the AC and the RC must be on to register, is this correct? When I tried to register a few hours ago, I got to the screen that showed what type Phantom you had and when I put in PSS the screen went blank. Thanks Jerry

Going to try this in the morning. Tevek, when you register, I read that the AC and the RC must be on to register, is this correct? When I tried to register a few hours ago, I got to the screen that showed what type Phantom you had and when I put in PSS the screen went blank. Thanks Jerry
Yeah you need everything powered up to register your unique serial number and trigger the warranty. On the dji go app, use the drop down menu to select your PS3 on the front screen.

Yeah you need everything powered up to register your unique serial number and trigger the warranty. On the dji go app, use the drop down menu to select your PS3 on the front screen.
This is the screen,when I try to click the PSS logo everything goes blank.

This is the screen,when I try to click the PSS logo everything goes blank.
Doesn't sound right, without seeing a screenshot of what it looks like, a bit difficult to comment. With a good internet connection, download the app first before you try and register your phantom. If you lived next door I'd drop by and help youngish it.....

Sounds like chicken and egg problem. Can only connect to one Wi-Fi at a time and no cell data in conjunction with Wi-Fi connection to RC. One would think you need to connect to the drone and internet to register and activate the drone.
First, you do need to register with DJI. That's not the same as activation. I think you can register on a PC. Then you need to log in the app to your account. Again, this is not activation. I'm fairly certain you do not need to be connected to the RC to register or log in the app but you do need internet during these processes.
It was said the app failed to install. It has to be successfully installed before anything. You don't need the RC or AC for that, just internet for the download.

Found my problem. tevek got me thinking. Checked my Verizon MIFI and it was only
putting out 3G. Not enough to install DJI app. So I contacted Verizon and it was increased to 4G. Problem solved. Thanks everyone for the help. I owe you a cold one.
Jerry

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31