Installed these today for mine and my sons p3s's

Reaction score
2b77a9691d7843e2093acf419cc9e14d.jpg
293cceb1e85b026bd3e2a14478327b1a.jpg

We got over 3000ft from my back yard and I have a lot of high rise building around where I live.

You will not be disappointed!! This type of antenna/method is the elixor of magic.

I am selling my argtek and alpha panels now they are only 2 months old so if interested I would take £45 + shipping for it all.

In wide open rural areas (where I live), the DBS mod gets me out 2-3 miles from home point, wind and conditions permitting. Just remember that altitude is your friend at greater distances, maybe 300-400 feet high at times. Watch your battery power too. You don't want to get too far out that the bird will struggle to get home before it goes into low battery auto land. But yes, that DBS mod IS magic. It's hard not to stop grinning sometimes....[emoji16]

Fly Safe !

In wide open rural areas (where I live), the DBS mod gets me out 2-3 miles from home point, wind and conditions permitting. Just remember that altitude is your friend at greater distances, maybe 300-400 feet high at times. Watch your battery power too. You don't want to get too far out that the bird will struggle to get home before it goes into low battery auto land. But yes, that DBS mod IS magic. It's hard not to stop grinning sometimes....[emoji16]

Fly Safe !

That's cool, today in a very built up area I was at 3200ft and I still had the green light to go further but got a little nervous so I RTH lol

Reactions: captainmilehigh
That's cool, today in a very built up area I was at 3200ft and I still had the green light to go further but got a little nervous so I RTH lol

That's ok. Take baby steps to get used to the greater distances, I know I did, and was scared to death most of the time until I saw it coming back. Now it's easy.......well, kinda' . [emoji12]

Maybe check out some wide open farm land in the area if available for more freedom to stretch her wings a bit.

Reactions: 805hd
I looooooove my DBS! 10,842' to date! Pretty sure under the right conditions you can fly to China now [emoji23]

Did you paint the mount or are they painting them white now?

Mine came painted white.

I've never modded my controller before but I'm starting to think it might be a worth while investment!
When your flying these greater distances do you still get a video feed?
I know very little about these as you might of gathered.

Yes you get video feed just as good as you would with the stock antenna, but it is so much more fun but also nerve racking [emoji23]

2b77a9691d7843e2093acf419cc9e14d.jpg
293cceb1e85b026bd3e2a14478327b1a.jpg

We got over 3000ft from my back yard and I have a lot of high rise building around where I live.

Just out of curiosity, have you heard of the Conquer range extender? Also what made you decide to choose this one? Sorry if I come across as rude.

That's what I'm using the conquer and I think it's the best, although I've never tried a different one, the conquer was the first and last range extender I purchased and love every bit off it

d8fa7102afa3dfaea17673137d239820.jpg

thanks! how easy was it to install? the idea of opening up my controller scares the cr@p out of me!

Modding your controller is actually pretty easy there would be heaps of vids on YouTube, depending on the mod you go for. I too was scared to do my mod but after watching the vid about 3 times start to end It actually didn't look all that difficult. Really your just removing the stock antennas and running new wires

I believe windsurfers are just small dishes that fit over the stock antennas. Lots of people have had good results. Do a search on the forum for further info.

Couple days ago I flew my P3s 6900 feet with stock antenna.
Flight was over water so obviously there were NO obstructions. Altitude was 400' which I think also helped.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik