installed new wider landing gear but need some gps help?

Reaction score
hi so i just recently installed a new wider landing gear for my dji phantom 2 for the h3-3d gimbal can have more room and won't capture the landing gear on video. so i installed everything accuratley and measured the gps exactly just how it was on the stock landing gear on the new wider gear. i did this installation here at 1am in the morning after work in my apartment. so quick question i did a gps calibration in my apartment i turned my remote on then powered on the dji phantom 2 i flicked the switch from gps to ati up and down till i get the solid yellow so that came on then i rotated 360 degree around and i got the solid green then i put it nose down and rotated 360 degree but got the blinking yellow light? is it because i did the gps from inside my apartment? should i wait till morning and try to run the gsp calibration outside for better signal? i only did the gps calibration inside my apartment to see if things were working correctly after installation of the wider gear and didn't have time to go outside cause it was late. i hope that there is noting wrong with the phantom and that i just have to wait till i go outside for the gps to go normal.

Actually at the place of takeoff is the best place. By the way is the compass that you are calibrating on the leg not the GPS. The GPS unit is on the inside the shell right under the top of the dome part of the Phantom.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

hi sorry about that i meant the compass itself thats attached to the landing gear but your right i should test outside in field not in apartment where its surrounded by objects metal and furniture.

IrishSights said:
Actually at the place of takeoff is the best place. By the way is the compass that you are calibrating on the leg not the GPS. The GPS unit is on the inside the shell right under the top of the dome part of the Phantom.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

yes your right i should test outside in field not in apartment where its surrounded by objects metal and furniture. the compass probably got confused

quote="liam_mcf"]I would calibrate outside before you next take off.[/quote]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik