installed 5dbi tplink antenna on extender

Reaction score
nice out today, so I took the vision out for a quick test of the 5dbi tplink antenna..not satisfied with the result..video dropped out continuously at around 600ft distance so I took it back to stock. has anyone had success with these antennas?

amkorp said:
I think most people are using the 8dbi version of that antenna and they are reporting 1000ft+ distances on the video link.

I got 1500 ft with the 5 dbi

I tried the TPLink 5dBi and it did nothing for me, but others have had success with it. I think it may have even made my range worse. :cry:

mr_3_0_5 said:
amkorp said:
I think most people are using the 8dbi version of that antenna and they are reporting 1000ft+ distances on the video link.

I got 1500 ft with the 5 dbi

the sad thing is I get 1620 with my stock stuff so this mode will not help me

thinking of a half sphere and a pinwheel
looking for stable 640 out to about 2000-2500

I don't understand why the results from different people are so widespread. does it matter which port to plug the tplink into?

at any rate, I ordered the 2.4 GHz LHCP Parasitic disk helix from fpvlr..will give that a shot whenever it gets here.

I installed two TP Link 8db
I average 1200-1500' before the video cuts out.... And I always fly around 300' up...

Having the extender fully charged seems to be making a difference I suspect some just aren't fully charged when testing
Causing the numbers to be inconsistent.
Also with a 8 dbi omni for instance the shape of your signal coming out is flatted out so that it can reach further like a donut
So you have to aim it in a sense

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20