Install iOSD on a 2nd Hand Phantom

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a used Phantom 2. It came with a Go Pro Hero 3, H3-3D Gimbal, Immersion transmitter, and ground station. The previous owner used to have an iOSD mini installed, but sold this separately.

I've since bought myself an iOSD mini, and I've taken a look at installing it and gotten very confused due to the combination of bits that are already installed and the expectation that it should be somewhat 'plug and play' as one was previously in there.

I've tried reading guides and watching various how to videos on youtube and I still don't get it. I'm hoping one of you will be able to offer some guidance if I share some photos of my current setup:

As you can see from the photos - the black and yellow wires have some tape on them. Is this a sign of previous soldering? I've got the standard cable that comes with the mini - am I going to have to do some cutting and soldering to get this to work? Or would I be better to purchase something like this?

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/cables/phantom-2-iosd-mini-transmitter

I guess there's a lot to be said for starting with a base model and building up gradually! I appreciate any advice you can give as flying 'blind' is a little frustrating!

In addition to the above, I'm also confused as to what do with the Cambus(?) cable from the iOSD mini as the socket on the phantom appears to be being used by the groundstation kit.

Ok, for anyone else who may read this in the future, I think I've figured this out.

The electrical tape was over the black and yellow wires, and they were cut and twisted together - so obviously this was the point of install previously.

I followed the wiring diagrams supplier and soldered the cables accordingly.

I also found a set of instructions here: http://skypixel.org/post/83254735947 which showed me how to connect the iOSDMini and the Ground station data link together. Phantom CAM BUS > iOSD > Ground Station link.

Powered up and all seems to be working well. Now for a test flight!

Without seeing exactly how you re-spliced in the iOSD, it sounds like you are on the right track at least :) If you see iOSD data and video on your screen while testing on the ground, you should be fine!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav