inspire v advanced

Reaction score
what is the advantages/differences in the inspire 1 over my phantom 3 advanced. do they fly better is the gps system better is the control better. i know the camera resolution is better but iam not bothered about a better camera as the advanced has a brill camera.

It's more expensive to repair when you crash it :)

The thing I notice the most is the stability. The Inspire 1 is much heaver, so it's steadier in the air -- especially when it's windy. It's also nice to be able to spin the camera 360.

i too have been wondering if i should pull the trigger and get one.

i was all ready to buy one and a coworker showed me a video of how big it is!

i hear because of it's size, it's a bit cumbersome to transport in the back seat on a car like do with my P3P.

that's the only thing keeping me from getting the Inspire 1. :cool:

...and as far as the camera, is the Inspire camera a better camera as far as picture and video quality or are they about the same?

thanks.

what is the advantages/differences in the inspire 1 over my phantom 3 advanced. do they fly better is the gps system better is the control better. i know the camera resolution is better but iam not bothered about a better camera as the advanced has a brill camera.
Unless you pay big dollars for the new X5 camera (and get your flight times cut heavily), the Inspire has the same camera as your P3.
It is in a different housing but inside it's the same camera.
The Inspire has the same Lightbridge controls, GPS etc.
In fact the P3 is an Inspire in a convenient size package.
The inspire is bigger, heavier, more expensive.
It flies faster, for a little less time and can utilise a second operator for the rotating camera.

Reactions: gppms
Unless you pay big dollars for the new X5 camera (and get your flight times cut heavily), the Inspire has the same camera as your P3.
It is in a different housing but inside it's the same camera.
The Inspire has the same Lightbridge controls, GPS etc.
In fact the P3 is an Inspire in a convenient size package.
The inspire is bigger, heavier, more expensive.
It flies faster, for a little less time and can utilise a second operator for the rotating camera.
You have to add that the Inspire 1 looks unbelievably cool too.

Reactions: D4T_PoM and Cyclone
think i need to look at some youtube videos so i can see how big it is, i did not think it was bigger than the phantom,the only thing that i would like is the 360 spin on the camera, oh and how the good the inspire looks...

The main differences are:

Physical size
Retractable landing gear
Dual operator

That and it is truly bad *** looking. it reminds me of the British Mono track car:

1280px-BAC_Mono_%288606487117%29_b.jpg

Factor in that you can replace your Phantom 3A a minimum of 3 times for the price of one single operator Inspire, the smarter money still purchases the Phantom. If you have the $$$$ and like the idea of having:
1. 360 degree capability
2. slightly increased stability
3. slightly increased ground speed
4. dual operator capability
5. retractable landing gear (think about this long and hard in terms of gimbal/camera protection
6. Loss of portability
7. increased pre flight assembly and set up, and
8. Cost of repairs....
then the Inspire is a better choice for you.
That said, it is in a class by itself in terms of WOW factor.

Reactions: lotusteve
I think if you are a professional photographer with the proper federal clearance then spend the big money on the inspire. If your a hobbyist who still wants pretty impressive photography for 1/3 the price get the Phantom. Even the Phantom pro

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Here are some photos to compare the P3P to the Inspire 1 -- and the Go Professional Cases:

03.jpg

02.jpg

01.jpg

BTW, I'm going to be selling the above Inspire 1 in about two weeks (as soon as my Inspire 1 v2 arrives). My current Inspire 1 is the latest version with the quick release props. I've only flown it about 5 times and it comes with all of the usual accessories (including one TB47 battery and one remote controller), the OEM DJI Inspire 1 case (the above Go Professional case is not included), and prop balancer. The Inspire 1 is in brand new condition and the accessories will all be brand new, never used (I'm going to take all except the remote controller from my new Inspire 1). $2,500 shipped to your door anywhere in the US. I'll post more details later, but you can PM me if you'd like me to contact you about it.

My biggest deciding factor between the two came down to flight times. Even with the tb48, which is added cost as well, no one could report any better times than 18 minutes tops and usually less. For my needs that was just too short. I could use everything about the Inspire, but flight times killed it for me. Landing and changing batteries is not an option for me either. Flight times, that simple.

If you're going Hollywood get it for the 360 head and dual operator. For my video needs and photography I am good with what the P3P is putting out with a bit of Photoshop to boot. My next purchase will be another P3/4 you can't be a pro anything without a second camera/drone as backup in case something happens on the job. I will be way good with two of the little guys for the cost of one big one.

Unless you are gonna have another person flying with you all the time, it will be difficult to fully utilised the flight and full camera controls at the same time. There are some movements which can only be achieved with two operators. So if you are planning to use it for yourself, you might as well just get the P3.

Unless of course, you have lots of money to burn :)

If you're going Hollywood get it for the 360 head and dual operator. For my video needs and photography I am good with what the P3P is putting out with a bit of Photoshop to boot. My next purchase will be another P3/4 you can't be a pro anything without a second camera/drone as backup in case something happens on the job. I will be way good with two of the little guys for the cost of one big one.

I'm biased as I own a P3A... IMHO, the dual operator thingy is a wank factor. The pilot ends up struggling to fly as s/he gets disorientated easily. Inspire needs a dedicated camera for each pilot and camera person. Its also expensive as you need add another remote. I'd rather by backup P3 then a remote.

If you want Hollywood style with a P3A/P, you can use third party apps that have focus mode. This enables the camera to autonomously point at a POI or a leashed device (Litchi) while the phantom can move freely.

The P3 setup and pack-up times is very quick compared to the Inspire. With the inspire, you need get it out on a flat table, initiate so you can install camera, get the camera out of box, remove the capping, find the notch and install the camera, install props and locks. And you cant launch unless the inspire is on a stable surface.

Before the P3 was released, I met a cinematographer who has kids. He had to leave the wife and kids back at the store where he purchased his inspire because the Inspire case didn't fit the 5 seater sedan. "If it was legal, I would have chucked my kids in the trunk", he stated.

Reactions: Wacker2611
With the inspire, you need get it out on a flat table, initiate so you can install camera, get the camera out of box, remove the capping, find the notch and install the camera, install props and locks.
You can skip this process if you buy a landing mode case. Then, you just take it out of the case and fly like you would a P3.

You can skip this process if you buy a landing mode case. Then, you just take it out of the case and fly like you would a P3.

Of course you will need a full size van or school bus and a roadie to transport the landing mode case. ;)
Average Dimensions of a landing mode case are:
Width-31 1/2"
Depth-20 1/2"
Height- 15 3/4"
Weight- 28.1 lbs.
Price ~$450.00

Still, I would love to own an Inspire just for the Cool Points....:rolleyes:

Wouldn't touch one with a barge pole, you won't really be able to take it anywhere, it's massive.
Edit, actually I'm being a bit disingenuous.....I'd love one, but I could never give up my beloved Phantom due to its Portability and couldn't justify having both.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4