Inspire two controls

Reaction score
Maybe off topic, but I was looking last night a DJIs video about the two-man controller of the Inspire 1.

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't the pilot need to see where his aircraft is flying to? Surely he needs a separate FPV system if he's to avoid whacking into things in the far off distance - trees, poles and the like. Maybe they're just meant for really close up flying and not distances of over 200m? 600'?

I remember my first flight trying to film a local castle with a non FPV P1. I thought from the LOS that I was away past it and turned to encircle it and promptly crashed straight into it. Now if the camera man is filming a cool car with a decent bird in it sideways on to the flight, the pilot could do the same thing too, no?

Just a thought. This could become expensive! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I was wondering about this as well, at one point.

My initial thought would be that in current configuration it only makes sense when Inspire is in line of sight...?

I think both pilot and camera man see from the same camera but the camera man controls the camera gimbal while the pilot controls the craft
I could be wrong and it have separate cameras(doubt it though)

The pilot only sees controls for the quad while the camera man sees controls for only the camera

I hope that explains it

On RC groups a lot of people have expressed the same feelings but some have explained that for commercial style two-operator work it would be very rare to fly off into the distance. Most work would be within 50 metres or less.

They could of easily resolved this by reaching into their DJI bag of parts and used the cams from the PV2+, not the square case but just the interior cam and then they could install it in the front of the bird in the shell just for the pilots view. It would add very little weight and pull minimal current.

happydays said:
General, I know how it works - but my concern is that the pilot doesn't see which direction he's flying in as the only FPV is coming from the camera - and this most likely will not be pointing in the direction of flight!

Ah I see what you mean given you and the camera operator would have to be near each other in order to tell each other what to do I guess it wouldn't be much of a problem (though You could mount a different camera to the quad to have it for fpv only)

happydays said:
At least it's not software related this time...

:shock:

I wonder how long the owner will have to wait to get the replacement parts ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl