P4 Firmware Inspire remote with P4

Reaction score
A while back I decided to pair my spare Inspire remote with my P4 - as I needed an HDMI port to use with a field monitor or vufine monocle.

Everything worked fine until the Go app required an update and therefore the P4 and remote too. From then on I had huge video transmission issues - with the range dropping through the floor to a matter of feet and when it did work it had loads of lag.

As a quick fix I paired back with the original P4 remote and all was ok again.

However, I could really do with the HDMI out so I'm revising this today.

First question - is there a firmware update procedure which might fix the lag/transmission problems?

Secondly - is the HDMI board in the Inspire 1 remote the same as the DJI aftermarket part - in which case it might be worth simply swapping over the connection boards.

The part numbers are the same - you can apparently swap out your HDMI board from the back of your P4P remote with the I1 remote. It's just four screws and lift gently but firmly away, the connecting plug holds the board in pretty tightly.

Transmission lag on the Go4 app is caused by the live download overloading your cellphone/tablet's CPU. Go to HD, select the Custom download rate, and change it to 6Mb/s or even 4Mb/s and then try that, should solve your issue. And no, not even the iPad Mini Pro 9's CPU is fast enough to take all of the Go4 app's increased bandwidth. It's optimized for DJI's own P4P Plus remote with built-in screen that runs only the Go 4 app.

HTH,
JM2c,
YMMV
etc

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost