Inspire controller on a Phantom 3 P/A

Reaction score
So I have a Phantom 3 Pro and Advanced. I tried a Inspire 1 controller and can get everything but the camera gimbal tilt to work. Before I open up the controller to see if something obvious is wrong, I was wondering if the is a certain setup with the Go app to change for use with the Inspire controller for the tilt wheel to work. Anybody know of something I should check/set to get it to work?

I have a gl300b that works the tilt just fine.

I opened it up and did not see anything obvious. The ribbion cable on the right had side (from the back) looks fully inserted.

I was wondering if there is a problem using the inspire remote for the camera tilt on the phantom 3??

I guess no one has had this problem. As an update, i replaced the thumb wheel and it still does not work.

Could it be that the inspire remote firmware does not work the gimbal tilt on the phantom 3 professional?

Is there some options in the settings besides the gimbal section that I should check?

I'd like to hear from someone who has used the inspire remote on a phantom P or A and gotten the gimbal tilt to work.

I thought it was known that the two remotes are not interchangeable

I thought it was known that the two remotes are not interchangeable
I have read that the inspire remote does work with the phantom 3 A/P.

I don't think I have seen success the other way.

Everything seems to work including the c1/2 button assignments and specifically the camera 0/90 deg assignment. It is strange that the left knob camera pitch tilt does not work.

Has there been cases where on a stock remote that the tilt is dependent on a series of settings? The setting for slew speed is at 50% so that isn't it ???????

I have read that the inspire remote does work with the phantom 3 A/P.

I don't think I have seen success the other way.
Correct. The Inspire remote works with the P3A/P3P but not the other way around.

An added bonus is that the Inspire remote has its own GPS and HDMI out.

It is strange that the left knob camera pitch tilt does not work.
I dont have an Inspire remote, but I know I've seen a demonstration video showing the tilt wheel working normally. I'll try to find it when I get home in a bit.

Maybe its a matter of FW as you were saying.

@msinger - you often use your Inspire remote for your P3 and P4, correct? Is a FW change required?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
Correct. The Inspire remote works with the P3A/P3P but not the other way around.

An added bonus is that the Inspire remote has its own GPS and HDMI out.

I dont have an Inspire remote, but I know I've seen a demonstration video showing the tilt wheel working normally. I'll try to find it when I get home in a bit.

Maybe its a matter of FW as you were saying.

@msinger - you often use your Inspire remote for your P3 and P4, correct? Is a FW change required?
@rainbow1 - here is that old video I was thinking about yesterday. You can see the tilt wheel working normally at about the 2:25 mark just after he links the Inpire remote to his P3.

Reactions: JoBe
Thanks, it must be a firmware version combination. Curious if anyone has verified the operation with what firmware version.

I wonder if loading a phantom 3 pro firmware version on a usb stick directly into the remote would work?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj