Inspire 2?

Reaction score
Does anyone think dji will be releasing an inspire 2 soon due to the sale?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Bull94
Im thinking good chance, the current discounts are substantial. Keep an eye on the FCC applications for radio approvals for a new model.

Thank you for the link. Do you guys think it's better to wait and see what the new one offers or is the price too good to pass up?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: dirkclod
Thank you for the link. Do you guys think it's better to wait and see what the new one offers or is the price too good to pass up?

It does not hurt to wait for the new Inspire 2. It is not like the price of the inspire 1 will be going back up anytime. Besides the Inspire 1 owners may be selling their Inspire 1 for cheap in order to upgrade to the inspire 2.

Any next inspire will.come with a significant price hike given the known trends (esp given the current discounting on inspire v2 and to a lesser extent pro).

Go for the x5 equipped version if you buy now. No use carting all that extra size and weight around if you arent getting better images for your effort.

Any next inspire will.come with a significant price hike given the known trends (esp given the current discounting on inspire v2 and to a lesser extent pro).

Go for the x5 equipped version if you buy now. No use carting all that extra size and weight around if you arent getting better images for your effort.

That was my plan but I am hopeing the PRO will go down in price.

It has. Just not by the same proportion ad the camera is a larger proportion of total cost. Seems they are discounting the airframe only. Probably won't see the X5 reduce by any significant amount any time soon, DJI probably had to pay Olympus or whoever it was designed it for them for a while yet.

Ah that makes sense! Also, how can I search FCC aplications?

I have an inspire (also a advanced, bebop and chroma) and to be honest, judging the lack of new features of lack of these feature on the p4 any new inspire is a joke, very happy with mine, she flys like a dream and has never failed me, only thing I am interested in is FLIR, be it a very expensive upgrade its something defiantly worth talking about

I have an inspire (also a advanced, bebop and chroma) and to be honest, judging the lack of new features of lack of these feature on the p4 any new inspire is a joke, very happy with mine, she flys like a dream and has never failed me, only thing I am interested in is FLIR, be it a very expensive upgrade its something defiantly worth talking about

Yeah, I agree. I am hyped about that flir camera. How much is it exactly? I sometimes see $8k and sometimes $2k

Yeah, I agree. I am hyped about that flir camera. How much is it exactly? I sometimes see $8k and sometimes $2k

Easily a few thousand, but I like the idea, and it will bring opportunities to scope into areas which others haven't

Unclear as to when the Inspire 2 will be available. I've heard anywhere from end of the month to mid fall. If I had to guess, it may be a while. X5R, M600, A3, RTK all recently released. Probably keeping them pretty busy. On the flip side, recent price drops may be to clear inventory for an imminent new release. Who knows? Usually product photos leak about a month beforehand.

If anyone is looking to pick up an X5 (with lens) which should work with both Inspire 1 and 2 (not 100% certain, but that's what I've heard), I have a brand new one I've never used for $1,900 ($300 off retail). It was my on set backup that I fortunately never needed. I've now got an X5R and so a third X5 is no longer needed. See listing here: New Zenmuse X5 camera with 15mm lens

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav