Inspire 1 single operator while shooting video and photo?

Reaction score
I'm looking into buying a new Inspire 1. I like the camera and how it doesn't have the fisheye distortion from the GoPro cameras. I currently fly a 3D Robotics Iris+ but the fisheye takes a lot of time in post to correct, plus the remote video feed loses signal a lot.

Which is why I'm looking at the Inspire 1.

- The thing is that I need to be able to fly it by myself while also being able to frame my shots. Is this possible with the Inspire and how difficult is it?

- Is there an app that I can use that pilots the Inspire 1, allowing me to focus on framing my shots while keeping an eye open to make sure it's not flying into anything?

- If there is an app, how well does it work and can you program it to fly sideways (slider-style shots) and go around corners in a smooth fashion? I remember that the previous Phantoms would simply stop at a waypoint and rotate around, making for a really mechanical-looking video shot.

1. Yes .. you can run the Inspire on your own. It can also use a separate camera operator for more complex camera work but this is not essential.
2. Yes .. you have to use the DJI Pilot app to fly the Inspire .. the same as for the Inspire's smaller and cheaper brother - the Phantom 3
3. Everyone is waiting for apps for waypoint flying etc to be released. At the moment you have to do it manually.
4. You'll get a lot more info about the Inspire here http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1
.. or you could try on our sister site here http://www.inspirepilots.com/

You may want to add an FPV cam on the nose of the inspire on a 2 man shoot. It gets a bit dicey flying especially when the gimble operator does a following shot to the side or behind. If you are close and flying line of site, not too bad.

Thanks for the feedback! I like the Inspire, but honestly one of my main worries is the really bad reputation that DJI has made for itself. The people who have drones that need repair or replacement seem to continually be in a state of hell waiting for parts to come in, repairs to be made, warranties to be honored, etc. Is this a big worry?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20