Inspire 1 hits pavement hard!

Reaction score
Well Merry Christmas to everyone.
Today I decided to take a ride at Buckroe Beach in Hampton VA. Did not even have my phantom with me. I was just out enjoying the weather and catching some sights. As I was coming down Pembroke Avenue. I noticed a group of people standing in the field looking up.
Me being the curious person that I am I decided to drive that way. I then noticed an inspire 1 above them hovering. The operator started flying towards the beach. As he was crossing over 1st Street which is the same street I was on now. Right in front of me 25 yards out the inspire 1 takes a nose dive right in the road.
That thing hit the pavement and pieces went everywhere. I stopped my car and blocked it while the owner came over to retrieve it. I said to him that sure didn't look good .. that was an expensive crash.

That's when he said my nine-year-old is just learning how to fly. So of course I responded I guess he's not doing very well..huh... He just said oh well and picked up pieces and went back to the group.

That was an expensive morning.

9 y/o's learning to fly with an Inspire 1 over traffic and people. And people still argue that any FAA regulation is silly. They are just $3,000.00 toys and all that. Of course the FAA has nothing to do with parenting. That Inspire didn't last long. Seems to me that's like teaching your daughter to drive for the first time in a fiberglass, no bumper, Ferrari in the middle of New York City. Airline pilots learn to fly in a Cessna as do the military. $50.00 quad is right for both of them to learn first. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Classicrider
9 y/o's learning to fly with an Inspire 1 over traffic and people. And people still argue that any FAA regulation is silly. They are just $3,000.00 toys and all that. Of course the FAA has nothing to do with parenting. That Inspire didn't last long. Seems to me that's like teaching your daughter to drive for the first time in a fiberglass, no bumper, Ferrari in the middle of New York City. Airline pilots learn to fly in a Cessna as do the military. $50.00 quad is right for both of them to learn first. Just my opinion.

I think you're spot on. It's just irritating that people always have to find something to complain about, even though situations like this make it perfectly clear and understandable why the FAA is doing what they are doing. To me, what this guy was doing is irresponsible and (as much as I hate to see/hear about these nice drones crashing), this guy got what he deserved. Irresponsible people don't need to be flying these. But seeing as how he just shrugged off losing an Inspire 1, he'll probably just go out and buy his 9 year old another.

Reactions: DAP-UAV

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj