Inside Out Dronescape?

Reaction score
Tried out something a bit different tonight, too.*

20171207-1605__InsideOutDronescape-[72ppi-1080px-AdobeRGB]-Instagram.jpg

* Okay, okay, so it's actually my Mavic. :)

Which 360 camera where you using?

Insta360 One. Nice little camera. Software and handling leave something to be desired, but at less than half the price of the GoPro Fusion it seemed a better place for something I'm just playing with for now.

Looking at a 3d printed mount on Shapeways ... for the beta test today, a hot shoe to 1/4"-20 adapter with 3M Command Adhesive attached to the top worked surprisingly well!

I'd like to try to do one of the hanging mounts on the P4P. The mavic was okay but I could def notice the change in flight characteristics, a bit wobbly, plus it blocks the view of the ground. I don't think I would trust it on any sort of extender. The P4P should have enough additional mass to handle it extended a good couple feet below the drone, though. There are a few folks on YouTube w/ videos showing that exact setup.

Yeah, I've been working on a design for mine to go to a 1/4"-20 + a GoPro style mount all-in-one. It's still a work in progress.
9ebfa2134da44c293b27f9d85e145d1b.jpg

So this one on Shapeways is what I was looking at. It's designed to accept a gopro buckle.

KARAMba : DJi Mavic Top Mount for (360) cameras by jeanmariecannie on Shapeways

There are then some thingieverse plans out there for additional parts that connect with this design.

Going to try printing this simple design out from Thingieverse, too. Phantom 4 Payload Support by McStevus Then just connect a 1/4"-20 mount to it for an extension pole to then hang the camera below the P4P.

EDIT: I have access to 3d printers, but don't have one myself, so I can't tinker much. So mostly looking for existing plans.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr