Inside FC200

Attachments

• 2014-01-09 19.53.39.jpg
    2014-01-09 19.53.39.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 1,331
I can only see the left-side 10% of the camera.
Very good detail on what I can see, thanks.

Could you describe the properly camera-opening procedure?

Try looking at the photo again. You can now scroll left and right. To open the camera there are 4 bolts on the bottom of the camera that you loosen and the bottom comes right off.

Can anybody clarify what cables go into the camera?
Is the cable that plugs into the rear just for power?
The wires that can be seen entering on the top through the mount, are they for the limited gimbal adjustments?

Not sure if this thread is still running - having an issue with my sat and batt readings.
Do the wires that link the fc200 cam to the unit also transmit said details via wifi?

Cheers

dang I just had mine open and completely apart and all layed out on my counter the other day and could of got some pics for you.

BUT to open it you need a 1.5mm hex key.

and it seems no one seems to know any thing at all about the wiring or pin outs on the 4 pin stereo plug for the vision. other then just knowing its a plug and it plugs in to the back of the camera and does this or that. I see lots of people asking ?'s on many different boards and they have never been replied to by any one. Seems the vision out of all the models tends to be one that many know how to fly one and don't know any thing about whats under the hood. Sort of like those who drive big expensive cars and don't even know how to check the oil well alone even know what oil is or does. and if any thing goes wrong that just whip out there wallet and buy a whole new one. Sort of makes me think they were the people who didn't take apart all there toys to see what made them all tic and work when they were kids.

J.James said:
dang I just had mine open and completely apart and all layed out on my counter the other day and could of got some pics for you.

and it seems no one seems to know any thing at all about the wiring or pin outs on the 4 pin stereo plug for the vision. other then just knowing its a plug and it plugs in to the back of the camera and does this or that. I see lots of people asking ?'s on many different boards and they have never been replied to by any one. Seems the vision out of all the models tends to be one that many know how to fly one and don't know any thing about whats under the hood. Sort of like those who drive big expensive cars and don't even know how to check the oil well alone even know what oil is or does. and if any thing goes wrong that just whip out there wallet and buy a whole new one. Sort of makes me think they were the people who didn't take apart all there toys to see what made them all tic and work when they were kids.

Might be something to do with the fact that DJI marketed it exactly to people who wanted to have access to aerial photography without having to get their soldering iron and multimeter out and work out connections, swap out bits, etc. It was always marketed as a "flying camera".

But hey, I started out with a mk 1 Vision and no history of much tinkering... now I've just completed building my first F450 to join it in the hangar and a P2 H3-3D materialised somewhere along the line as well. :)

Might be something to do with the fact that DJI marketed it exactly to people who wanted to have access to aerial photography without having to get their soldering iron and multimeter out and work out connections, swap out bits, etc. It was always marketed as a "flying camera".

But hey, I started out with a mk 1 Vision and no history of much tinkering... now I've just completed building my first F450 to join it in the hangar and a P2 H3-3D materialize somewhere along the line as well

Right on. Thats the sprite and lol I never intended to ever want to need to learn how to fix my FC40 or start moding it and getting obsessed with pushing the limits. or start tinkering with any of the other ones. Luckily my old lady is cool with it all and used to me always fixing stuff and even makeing stuff. Tho I fear some day when I die she may try to sell all my stuff only for what I tell her I spent on any of it lol :)

J.James said:

The folks over at MotorPixie have a diagram that show the pin out for the 4 pin stereo plug.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...vcnBpeGllZ2ltYmFsc3xneDo1YjVhOTlmYzEwNDE4ZDk0

To be fair here is the link to MotorPixie's home page.

https://sites.google.com/site/motorpixiegimbals/home

The folks over at MotorPixie have a diagram that show the pin out for the 4 pin stereo plug.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... EwNDE4ZDk0

To be fair here is the link to MotorPixie's home page.

https://sites.google.com/site/motorpixiegimbals/home

Oh that rocks, Thanks big time for that I searched and searched and searched and never even seen any thing come up on the motor pixy site. Tho after looking at it the pin outs they show On my standard plug that went from the phantoms cam port to the camera the white wire was on the top ring were they show the red wire carrying the 12volt + into the plug but I was already able to confirm that the 2 spots they show the + and - going in to seemed to be the right spots. The other 2 were ones I was not to sure about and didn't want to risk powering that wire and have a fun hi amp 12 volts go threw and fry the cameras wifi if its not already fried

Not sure if this thread is still running - having an issue with my sat and batt readings.
Do the wires that link the fc200 cam to the unit also transmit said details via wifi?

Yes 2 of the wires in that plug get the info from the phantom and send it to the camreas wifi.

and what ever you do DONT plug in or un plug that cable ever while the phantom is powered on or it can seriously fry the camera the main board and even the cable. and if its un plugged dont ever let the end touch any thing that can short it out if the phantom is powered on or it can fry the main board and or the cable. The 12v dc that powers the camera on that cable draws full amperage from the battery and there are no protection circuits in line with it and none of the circuit is heavy enough to take a full short. For even a fraction of a second. Before its burning up stuff. Tho being they designed it so that it will short out if that cable even pulls out in a crash I think its DJIs way to help ensure more sales of replacement cameras and main boards. Esp being it could of been made to have a flat plug like the gimble has that could not short out while its pulling out and would not touch contacts that its not supposed to. and yet its the only plug that is critical that they don't short on any thing yet is the only plug that can short out any thing if plugged in or unplugged while powered. and the only one they use the easy to short out and fry stuff plug on.

Hello folks,

Just sent you a pm James
Just wanted to check as per diagram listed for the wiring order in the camera - is the white to the front end of the jack plug - that plugs in to the camera itself and the last being the red which fits on the jack end.
If you can confirm this that would be great, don't to make toast of my unit.

Cheers
Steve

from what I can tell yes the wire goes in the very tip of the plug. Tho the way the wires connect to the solder tabs if you cut the cover of the plug the wire wire goes on the very top connection and then runs down threw to the tip. also if you have to do any soldering be very careful not to melt any of the black plastic that separates and insulates any of the connections from the other.

I went to resolder the 2 wires I had wrong on mine yesterday and burned some of the plastic and now the tip and the ring next to it have continuity with each other. and I could not get it fixed so now a new plug and cable are on my ever growing list of things I need now. to ix this POS vision that is not looking like its ever going to get much air time. The compass and the body are the only things not looking like they will need to be replaced YET. oh and the screws and the landing gear. its starting to feel like I'm building a house to find use of a spare door knob. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues