Infrared / Heat-camera/lens for DJI Phantom2 Vision+?

Reaction score
Hey there! Ive just bought my P2V+, and Im really in love with it :)

What I wonder is, if I can use it to help locate animales, water, people etc, during bad lighting conditions or pitch black?

Is there any lenses that would fit the original camera that ships with the P2V+? If so, which ones and where can I find them cheap? (I live in scandinavia / europe)

And if not, is there any camera which do have such "addons"? Like a Go-Pro camera of somekind, and what lenses or utilities would if so need for that? And what Go-Pro should I go for? My ultimate goal here is to use my P2V+ to help locate missing people and/or hurt animals, in the woods for example. As cheap as possible though, Im on a very tight budget.

Im really a newbie at this point, so excuse my lameness(and my terrible english, dyslexia is a *****) ;)

Thx in advance.

Sincerely, SmoothSwede

There's no way to simply put a lens on the normal camera and make it a real infrared camera. You need to buy a complete infrared camera which usually run in the thousands of dollars. The least expensive infrared camera I have seen is the FLIR One iPhone Case for $350 USD but you also need an iPhone and you will not get FPV. I've also seen someone post this infrared camera but I don't know much about it. Here's the thread about that camera. Here's a thread on IR lenses/filter conversions but I don't think those really work.

Okay, thanks for the quick response! That camera from TEAX looks really nice. I might very well try that one :)

Take Care!

Sinc. SmoothSwede

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj