Info: K index now 5

Reaction score
As subject

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

Back to 4 again!

kpindex-day.png

It's days like this I don't mind as the weather is pants.

5 is the highest I've seen it for a lonv time...down to 4 now

Just in case any one is interested the Andriod app I use is K Index Monitor by BizzTrade from the Play Store. I like it because it just puts the index number in the status bar...no fluff!

HarryT said:
It's really no big deal to fly when K=5.
It is red for a reason and for pilot information to make a decision on whether to fly or not. You can only say its 'It's no big deal' for you personally - that's fine. Others may assess the information differently. For example one might make a decision not to fly over a higher risk area, like water or BLOS, if one is depending on GPS. These are the sort of assessments that each pilot needs to make based on information at hand.

Do bear in mind, though, that altitude is not dependent upon GPS, so a high K-index isn't going to make you ditch into water. The worst it's going to do is cause you to lose GPS lock, in which case you'll still be flying in ATTI mode, which is safe enough.

HarryT said:
Do bear in mind, though, that altitude is not dependent upon GPS, so a high K-index isn't going to make you ditch into water. The worst it's going to do is cause you to lose GPS lock, in which case you'll still be flying in ATTI mode, which is safe enough.
Its the principle I was trying to get across :) not the specifics. Oh by the way I never mentioned altitude :-/

IrishSights said:
Its the principle I was trying to get across :) not the specifics. Oh by the way I never mentioned altitude :-/

I'm not disagreeing with you. Hope that it didn't come across that way :).

IrishSights said:
Just in case any one is interested the Andriod app I use is K Index Monitor by BizzTrade from the Play Store. I like it because it just puts the index number in the status bar...no fluff!

Tried out the app yesterday but deleted after a few hours. Phone kept buzzing with every update (every 2 hours?) and drove me nuts. Couldn't find a way to turn off the vibrate "feature". Otherwise, nice app.

Noël said:
Download the version from Google play. You downloaded an old beta version.
I did download from Google play. Just downloaded again and will let you know if I encounter the same issue. Thanks.

Noël said:
It's the app "K-index" from me that you are taking about right?
Yep, that's the one (actually the only one that comes up). So far, no extraneous vibrations :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr