Infinity Hobby landing gear extensions

Reaction score
Just mounted my Arris 2000 gimbal and every thing seems a bit low to the ground. Has anyone tried this Infinity Hobby landing gear extension kit?

Yes. I'll test fly it today with GoPro and dual batteries on board. We'll see what happens. I wanted the Shapeways folding gear, but could not find a reliable source of supply for the carbon fiber tubes. The Infinity Hobby was a "second choice".

I'll be interested in your feedback on the extensions. Also I'm interested in how the dual battery set up works for you. How much the flight time is increased.

DaveT1 said:
I'll be interested in your feedback on the extensions. Also I'm interested in how the dual battery set up works for you. How much the flight time is increased.

Handling is good, though with two batteries it tends to sink like a rock. There is some choice in the amount of extension available, though not very much. I have an anti-jelly mount and with the GoPro in it's water tight case, it has plenty of ground clearance. i was very satisfied overall. The flight time is extended out to a very solid 12 minutes with two batteries which is a bit shorter that the aggregate time with two batteries flown singly. All in all, I am pleased.

DaveT1 said:
How did you mount the batteries on your Phantom? Do you have a photo?

The Infinity Hobby gear comes with dual battery pads as part of the gear. You need to add a Y-cable and a couple of velcro straps. Also, I modified the battery door to allow for the Y-cable exits.

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/fizzvii ... 2.jpg.html

Hope this link works. Not used to uploading/downloading photos to this BB

Given the different position of the compass do you notice any difference in performance or stability? I read that the compass position relative to the Nazza is quite important.

The kit comes with an attachment for the compass. The instructions show how and where to mount it. I calibrated the compass before flying it for the first time and everything seems OK so far...but only time will tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers