Inexpensive FPV System Question

Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FPV-5-8G-2000mv ... 2c6e4d454d

Is this system OK for use with the Phantom.

I'm not looking for long distance. I just want to be able to do some of the more complex movements that seem to be only available to those with FPV.

I can't afford the Fat Shark, but don't want to waste my $$ at the same time.

Other suggestions are welcome.

Darren

Well, it doesn't say what the weight of the TX is in the listing, but I'm sure it's a heavy one with that heatsink attached... so you probably would want to get rid of that. Then you'll be concerned with heat buildup, so it will definitely need to be attached to the outside of the phantom. Then it will melt the glue on the velco, so you will need to back that up with a zip tie or two.
And then of course you will want to dump those crap antennas and get something like bluebeams or comparable, so that's an additional expense to be considered. You should be good to go at that point.

Is that supposed to be 2000mw ? I think most people use between 200-600 mw. No wonder it has a heat sink, and a fan. It will produce a lot of heat. Are you going to use a monitor ?

2000mw is a very high powered transmitter! It will make a big difference in the flight times!

My cheap *** eBay video transmitter is 200mw (from memory), and was advertised as around 1km distance (I assume in "Perfect" conditions). Tx and Rx $57!

I have a similar setup. That transmitter weighs in at about 60g. I purchased a carbon fiber transmitter attachment on Ebay that holds my transmitter with a velcro stap right below the heat sink fan.

I am still getting 8 minutes or more on my flight time.

Not that anyone really cares but just so you know, transmitting at 5.8 GHz with over one Watt requires an amateur radio license of at least the technician level.

I would encourage you to consider 200mW or lower. I found that I still get good video at 200mW even after exceeding my controller range (and the Phantom has engaged RTH). My 5.8GHz 200mW TXs prevented my GPS from locking until I added a choke to the GPS line.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers