Indoor Flying?!?!

Reaction score
So I've seen that it's sometimes difficult to fly the P3P indoors bit it can be done successfully. My question: How well do you think this drone would do flying inside a cave?

A colleague of mine bought a drone specifically for this. I'll keep an update as to how it goes.

Thoughts?

There have been other posters, sharing video in forum threads of cave flying. It's pretty cool, but you may need a second hand, to hold the light...

Looking forward to your adventures, ;-)

RedHotPoker

Phantoms have been flown in large caves.
Underground there will be no GPS so flying will have to be in atti mode.
The VPS has limitations that aren't going to make it much help either.
Altitude Range 30 cm-300 cm
Operating Range 30 cm-300 cm
Operating Environment Surface with clear pattern and adequate lighting (Lux > 15)

Fellow Phantom 3 Pilots, I have been wondering how good the P3P will be in shooting videos for an indoor wedding. Is it recommended? Will it get the desired result ? Which Flight mode is best to use in such case?

Appreciate your feedbacks.:)

Fellow Phantom 3 Pilots, I have been wondering how good the P3P will be in shooting videos for an indoor wedding. Is it recommended? Will it get the desired result ? Which Flight mode is best to use in such case?

Just fine and here is an example of flying indoors in very tight space. If he phantom can fly this well here it can fly anywhere. Given a skilled pilot that knows orientation and reversed controls without thinking about it.

No offense, but it's a little concerning to me that you want to fly your P3 for an indoor wedding and are not really familiar with the different flight modes.

Reactions: snowghost
Non Taken, I have had the P3P for a month now and am not intending on using it indoors till i have enough experience with all the modes. Just wanted to know which is more reliable indoors.

Reactions: AlmostTan
Non Taken, I have had the P3P for a month now and am not intending on using it indoors till i have enough experience with all the modes. Just wanted to know which is more reliable indoors.

Leave your P3 in P mode. It will switch automatically between P-GPS, and when there isn't a sufficient GPS signal it will move to P-OPTI, and when it's out of range for VPS it will move to P-ATTI which is full manual and only uses the barometer to stabilize.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronald
do you have any flying tutorial for dji phantom 2? if so pls help me to learn

A wedding photographer contacted me and so I meet him at the church, the big problem is it just to loud!

Everybody invited to the wedding gets a complimentary set of ear plugs? ;-)
Wearing them is optional!! Haha

RedHotPoker

Reactions: rixlumb

I did one, well in an empty venue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj