Indicator lights

Reaction score
I get 4 green lights and 2 red lights after gps connection. I am able to fly but it makes me a bit nervous that i get this indicator. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Which Phantom 3 do you have (Standard, Advanced, ir Pro)? I also don't know how you're getting 4 green lights and 2 red lights. My Phantom only has 4 lights total. Where are these lights (on the Phantom? On the controller? On the app?)? Which app are you using? I'm afraid you're going to have to provide a LOT more detail in your question to get a helpful answer.

Which Phantom 3 do you have (Standard, Advanced, ir Pro)? I also don't know how you're getting 4 green lights and 2 red lights. My Phantom only has 4 lights total. Where are these lights (on the Phantom? On the controller? On the app?)? Which app are you using? I'm afraid you're going to have to provide a LOT more detail in your question to get a helpful answer.
Your phantom probably has 11 lights (like everyone else's). 3 on each rear arm (red/yellow/green), a red on each front arm and dual colour lights on gimble and aircraft rear.

We might safely assume the OP is referring to a flashing sequence from the rear arms.

A quick look at the manual should solve this mystery.

IMG_3213.PNG

Reactions: Pharm
I am getting a sequence of 4 green flashes and then 2 red flashes from the indicator lights on the rear arms. this sequence does not match any in the phantom manual. I have the Phantom 3 standard.I calibrated the IMU and tested it in the DJI Go app and it says it is calibrated.

Do you see any error messages in your flight log? If you haven't check, you can upload and view your TXT flight log here.

I have no error messages in my flight log. The closest match for the indicator light sequence i can find online pertains to the dji phantom 2. It states that a sequence of 3 flashing green lights and 2 flashing red light sequence means that I am in a dji no fly zone. I am within a mile of an airport. my map shows that I am just on the edge of the secondary (red circle being primary and light red circle being secondary) no fly zone.

The flashing is likely alerting you that you're near the airport then. While the Phantom manual does mention the back lights will flash red, it's not very descriptive.

If you want to prove this idea, try flying further away from the airport and see if the red flashing stops.

Took the drone a couple miles out of the No Fly Zone and still got the same flashing light sequence. I think it is time to return it :(

Depending on which country you're in, you may need to be much further from the airport. In Australia, this needs to be more than 5.5km (3.42miles) to say out of a restricted area, and then an extra 2km (1.24miles) after that to leave the warning zone. The pattern may be indicating a warning zone? This is more difficult as you cannot provide any specific details unfortunately.

Check your country's laws about airports and check detailed no fly zones, not just DJIs. Very small hospitals can take up just as much airspace and you may not realise (I found this surprising too).

Good luck!

If you're not getting any errors I would just fly with caution for a while. Maybe reset all of your settings if seriously concerned?

I would only be genuinely worried if you had all 4 arm lights solid red, which means critical error, but obviously not the case here.

Upload images if possible!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik